Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

st anton snow

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Ok I know it's a bit of a dodgy question and snow and overhead conditions will be what they will be but IN GENERAL what might conditions be like in st anton in mid January. I have been there once before in middle of march and quite frankly the slushy moguls on the gampen side got quite annoying quite quickly, having said that I would take that over bullet proof hard pack anyday[/b]
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
It might be powder, it might be slush, it could be dry, it could be wet. It might even be green. In short, an impossible question to answer.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Quite likely to be powder / compressed powder rather than slush, but you never can tell.Generally, if there is no snow in St.Anton there is no snow anywhere in Austria.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
True, but...

I have been skiing for 36 years. One thing I have learned is that there is no way more certain of looking like a fool than making long range predictions.

If you want to see how variable is has been, then one source is http://www.onthesnow.com/tyrol/st-anton-am-arlberg/historical-snowfall.html?&y=2012
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
ulmerhutte, Well I have been going to St.Anton since 1985... I've never experienced zero snow in Jan. It hasn't always been fantastic though, and one time I did a powder skiing course ( staying at the Ulmer Hütte) in Jan when there was only 50cm of snow in resort. Still found some powder though. But like I say, you never can tell.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Steilhang. Agree. I was a little flippant with the "green", but not that uncommon to have big open patches on the lower slopes, even in Feb.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Not saying its typical, but in the first week of Jan 2012 large chunks of the resort were closed and the connections to the outside world temporarily shut on transfer day due to "too much" snowfall
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Yup, 2012 was an epic winter. Close to 5m on the Galzig during Feb. Valfagehr going up a "railway" cutting in places.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
My main concern is to avoid bullet proof icy conditions but I guess you never can tell
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy