Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ski Wax......

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Well I have recently purchased my own skis, and would like to look after them, im looking at some wax, especially as i have a race this sunday, but have no idea what to get.

Any tips for someone who needs to keep it simple.

Thanks. Smile
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Dry slope or indoor. In the event of the former, 4Matt (Ski Racing Supplies) or CH4.
For the latter, Polar X by datawax or possibly 4Indoor (Ski racing supplies).
However, look at the many tips on The Piste Office, as you may want to compromise (universal wax).

Last edited by Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person on Wed 9-10-13 13:50; edited 1 time in total
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
There is no way to keep it simple! What surface are you racing on? Have you pre prepped the bases, the list is endless and confusing!
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Dry slope, sorry for not putting that.

Umm.... have not prepped the bases.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
mistral_ski, For Dryslope -- Polar-X or CH4. Polar-X is easier to apply, but does not last quite as long. No need to prep the bases for plastic. Note these waxes need to be applied with an iron ('hot wax') --- and you may want to practise with an older pair of skis and/or softer wax first !

For this coming Sunday -- assuming you have not waxed skis before, and don't have the equipment, Zardoz will do the trick.

For plastic you'll also need to keep the edges very sharp --- no point in being fast out of the gate and then skidding.

Spyderjon from the Piste Office will I'm sure be along shortly to advise.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
mistral_ski, CH4 All the way, Probably more important to layer some Candel wax (-20 or lower wax into the bases) before hitting the dendix to help protect against railing. (Where the heat from the edges wears away the Petex) but not critical to performance.

Get your edges razor sharp, loads of zardox and some KY Jelly or Fairy liquid in water slapped onto the bases right before the start! Good luck.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I think this a job to set the other half on..... all a bit technical for me. Smile
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
mistral_ski, Where are you racing ?
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Brentwood. Smile
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
mistral_ski, ERSA ? Have fun ! Laughing
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Here is a handy tutorial that tells you how to do it.

Applies to snowboards but the ski technique is the same.

http://youtube.com/v/YFp4X5Ivixs
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy