Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Board damage!

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Heya,

I was up at whistler this weekend with my brand spankin' new option sig. anyways the snowbase was about 55 cm give or take and there were quite afew rocks and SOLID objects sticking out of the snow on alot of runs. i managed to clip one fo these objects one toe side. i put a decent sizze dent right near my back binding... the real problem is the base of the baord ( mainly the rail) is coming away from the core... about...4-5 inches have come detatched and sticks right out. im pretty sure that moisture doesnt mix well with the core of the board, and im extremly scared to ride it next weekend if i decide to go...is there anything ican do at home, or is the reapirable y "professional" Thanks for you time, Chris
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I'd be bringing it back to wherever you bought it from (I'm guessing the Boardroom or Westbeach?), and/or giving Option a call. You should get a replacement - boards aren't supposed to break on the first day out! I was at Whistler this weekend and the last, hit plenty of rocks (especially on the opening weekend), and there's nothing but superficial scrapes on the base and burs on the edges. Boards should stand up to that kind of abuse, and you should get a refund/replacement.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
bing, welcome to snowHeads snowHead
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Oops, didn't nptice the "Posts: 1"
Welcome indeed snowHead
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
You might get sympathy from the store but for rock shots I'd be surprised if the warranty actually covers it. Professional repairs are usually pretty good fixes.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
That's a hard one to repair though, try as hard as you can to get it on the warranty cos even if it does get fixed it probably wont be the same again.

If you explain that it was done on-piste on the first day you had the board then suggest that this points to a weakness in that particular board. The rail really isn't meant to come away...

If you carry on riding it in the state that it is you'll only knacker it more and reduce the chances of getting a replacement or 'attempt' at a repair.

If this was done on piste and you cant get anything done about it then that really is very harsh. Good luck.

Oh and even though I'm new round here myself welcome Very Happy
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Bing - hey.
The very least they should do is take it back and have it proffesionaly repaired for you. I done a similar thing off a tree in Morzine last year with a new (ish) Burton and wrote to them explaining and they took the board back and fixed it. still fine now. I suppose they are big enough and ugly enough to do it - give writing to them a it a try if you get no luck in store as a new deck is not a cheap thing. I have also noted that Oakley and togg24 both give replacement gear if you write. I got a spanking new pair of pants off tog24 for sending back a 3season old pair as the seam in the ass had split - all good. good luck.
Mista - nice to see a fellow Edinburgh snowhead - hiya.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy