Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

okaley lenses

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
whats goin on all.

I have a pair of oakley wisdoms with high intensity yellow lens. i live in vancouver canada so the lens has been dubbed the "whistler lens" by the local sb shops. it is awsome for flat light. I have a buddy who owns a oakley shop. He is ordering a bunch of goggles. I want to try a pair of a-frames. but i can't decide what lense to get, fire iridium or gold iridium? i want a lense that will be betting in bright light of sun.

meybe you guys can give me some input
-thx, Btone
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
thebtone, good morning and welcome to snowHeads
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
thebtone, I have the fire iridium in my a-frames, and find it's great in almost all light.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
thebtone wrote:
whats goin on all.

I have a pair of oakley wisdoms with high intensity yellow lens. i live in vancouver canada so the lens has been dubbed the "whistler lens" by the local sb shops. it is awsome for flat light. I have a buddy who owns a oakley shop. He is ordering a bunch of goggles. I want to try a pair of a-frames. but i can't decide what lense to get, fire iridium or gold iridium? i want a lense that will be betting in bright light of sun.

meybe you guys can give me some input
-thx, Btone

hi there, i'm on the hunt for a pair of wisdoms for this season. According to the salespeople and the website blurb, the Fire Lens lets in the least light (16%) and it goes down to Black Iridium from there (18%),then Gold on 20% then Blue Iridium with 30% and onto Persimmon at 62% which is pretty much for flat light conditions.

So unless there are differences between goggles and glasses, for bright light you should go for the Fire one - and it looks the best out of the lot as well!
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
zippy, I think you may have incorrect figures there.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
LensTransmission
Black Iridium® Polarized: 9%
Ice Iridium® Polarized: 9%
Gold Iridium® Polarized 9%
VR28® Black Iridium® Polarized 10%
Fire Iridium® Polarized 10%
Black Iridium® 10%
Titanium Iridium® 10%
Ice Iridium 10%
Dark Grey 10%
Titanium Iridium® Polarized 12%
Dark Bronze 12%
Gold Iridium® 12%
Emerald Iridium® Polarized 13%
24K Iridium® 13%
Emerald Iridium® 13%
Leather Gold Iridium® 13%
VR28® Blue Polarized 14%
Ruby Iridium® 14%
Bronze Polarized 15%
Red Iridium® 15%
Blue Iridium® 15%
Gold Polarized 15%
Fire Iridium® 16%
VR28® Polarized 16%
Violet Iridium® 17%
Grey Polarized 17%
VR28® Gold Iridium® 17%
VR28® Black Iridium® 18%
Grey 18%
Bronze 22%
Slate Iridium® 23%
Emerald Slate Iridium® 24%
Brown Gradient 25%
G26™ 26%
VR28® 28%
G30™ 30%
Amber Polarized 30%
VR50® Gold Iridium® 35%
Black Gradient 35%
Black Violet Iridium® 38%
Light Grey 39%
Black Persimmon Iridium® 44%
Blue Black Iridium® 44%
VR50™ 50%
Pink Black Iridium® 51%
Titanium Clear 54%
Violet 55%
High Intensity Persimmon 59%
Persimmon 61%
Light Blue 66%
Yellow 90%
Clear 93%
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I thought the Iridium lenses were best in bright conditions? They're supposed to reduce glare I think. For your average cloudy Whistler day you really want something that lets in alot of light, such as the yellow lenses you already have.
From the scentence "i want a lense that will be betting in bright light of sun" I can't tell if you want a lense that will be LETTING in bright light or BETTER in bright light snowHead Maybe you can clarify?
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
ponder, I'd guess he means Better in bright sun.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Probably, since he already has a good low-light lens. You posted that graph while I was posting Sad but it confirms the iridium = bright sun.
Also, why both buying new goggles - why not just get a new lens. A-frames are not cheap!
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Wear The Fox Hat wrote:
ponder, I'd guess he means Better in bright sun.

well your info comprehensively beats mine, i pulled it off a dealer in NZ so apols for any confusion!
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
zippy, no problem - I think you may have been looking at the VR28 Black Iridium.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy