Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

ahhhh....its going to be expensive. again. or maybe not at all now. boo hoo.

Poster: A snowHead
ansta1 wrote:
l ............we have no family plans for xmas so that is another upside....

Could be that SWMBO has just not informed you of Christmas plans yet wink

However, book it anyway Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I am now in sulky child mode, gonna try that for a few days before ramping up the charm offensive again.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
ansta1,
Quote:

I am now in sulky child mode

To be fair you do that particularly well Toofy Grin

Have you been teaching my son... ?
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
ansta1, what are your wife's priorities for Christmas?
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Not skiing it seems...

But seriously for a moment. I think the thought of finishing her lessons on the Friday, packing on the Saturday, off skiing on the Sunday for a week then coming back and 'doing' christmas the following week along with the inevitable long list of 'teacher stuff' to catch up with is the main reason for the 'not going' response.

If she really does dig her heels in, which i suspect will be the case. I may suggest me and the girls going but I have a feeling that wouldn't go down too well either.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
ansta1, I think I'd feel the same - and I know how much "teacher stuff" there is to do, and how exhausted teachers are at the end of the term.

However, if I was just doing the packing and the skiing bit and not having to "do Christmas" as well, I would feel differently. Is that an option?
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Quote:

and how exhausted teachers are at the end of the term.

So a holiday is just what is needed Toofy Grin

Can't you do Christmas early instead?
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Boris, preparing for a ski holiday for a family is always quite hard work, as is preparing for the usual jamboree of Christmas. And normally both tasks fall 80% (if not more) to the female of the partnership. How would "doing Christmas early" reduce the load on the OP's wife?
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
It doesn't reduce the load overall, but if done early then it is out the way, no need to worry about it post holiday. We have also found that a week early is actually les stressful as is done and managed in our own time and you don't get drawn into everyone else's panic.

Have never, even when we had 3 under two-yrs, found getting ready for ski holiday to be hard work!

As for
Quote:

normally both tasks fall 80%

I would personally disagree with that - but don't expect you'll beleive me
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
It's not 80% in our house for either task, but in terms of the packing it's not far off. I can pack my own stuff and all the technical stuff. But when it comes down to clothes for two girls 8 and 12 I will admit to struggling. They can pick their own clothes, the trick is making sure they have enough of the correct clothes.

My wife is very organised when it comes to work, and annoyingly never thinks she is on top of things, despite never missing a deadline. I think the issue she has is that she is back loading her work schedule, and in her mind this is not acceptable. Me I am a member of the JIT principal. Everything gets done. Just In Time.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
If it were me, I'd say "let's go skiing and just forget Christmas" but that's just me. Planning for a holiday (whether ski or not) starts well in advance so that the clothes that need to be taken go in the wash and are not then worn, thinking about running down the shopping so the fridge is empty, that you've got enough for a good meal instantly in the freezer, for when you get back, etc etc. Quite a bit of extra thinking in a busy week. Boris, of course I believe that you don't leave most of the Christmas cards, present-buying and wrapping, food organisation and preparing beds for visitors etc to your wife. Good for you. snowHead
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
ansta1, our kids get a list with what's needed on it and the number of pairs. Then up to them to pack it. They learnt the hardway on a few weekends away that we aren't checking and won't have spares just in case.

pam w, with two boys in the house - the fridge is always empty, or about to be emptied Laughing

I like to think we manage a division of labour - I will freely admit to not doing the presents, but will do other things Mrs B steers clear of. Both play to our stengths.
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
adventureontheriverbank wrote:
Expensive,tell me about it,I'm on the net right now trying to arrange an appt/chalet for myself,wife,and 2 children for the 28/12/2014 in Meribel!!!!!!!!!! Anybody got any ideas where to find something at a resonable price?

Bulgaria.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Whats reasonable? 1k? 2k ?3k 4k? plus getting there, passes, hire and ski school?
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Boris, presents is the most difficult and time-consuming job - that's why it's such a joy to have given it up! In most of the families I know it's the women who do by far the most work for Christmas - though men tend to enjoy laying in the booze stocks and buying a tree and strapping it to the car (suddenly had a vision of the Peppa Pig episode where Daddy Pig buys such a big tree he has to carry it home). My father was so convinced he was the only person who could decorate a tree properly that my mother once had to take the grandchildren out for a walk on a cold and miserable December afternoon to prevent their wanting to "help". rolling eyes

I think a lot of women bring the work on themselves, mind you, insisting that everything is just right, the house freshly cleaned from top to bottom, lots of wonderful food, etc etc The magazine articles about how to avoid the "stress" of the traditional Christmas catering by starting to cook and freeze stuff weeks ahead will be starting any day now.
snow report
Off to Serre Chevalier on 20th, I've just sorted outbound hotel (Auberge de Moissons) and the Eurotunnel. Back this time for New Year so we can fit the birthday bash in at the beginning of February, so I have the return hotel to book. I am not doing Christmas, but will leave presents behind for smaller ones.
5 nights over New Year in apartment are still waiting to be snapped up, but I expect with the snow expected over the next day or two, interest will soon pick up.
snow conditions
pam w, +1 for just ot doing Christmas. We used to go away every other Christmas - no decorating, cooking, cleaning or stress about who is doing what or going where for the actual day. Some present buying in advance for relatives, but basically minimal work.

I love being away for Christmas, more exciting somehow.
snow conditions
And saves a fortune not having family round, you can do what you want not the toxic MIL.

All in all I wish I was away for Christmas , but accept new year as a replacement.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy