Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Völkl RTM 84

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Anyone tried these? My current Mantras are getting a bit beaten up, and my skiing mix over the past few years has changed from 80% off to 80% on piste due being accompanied by small children almost all the time. In all honesty I do wonder whether for most European 'powder' skiing you need anything wider than these underfoot, so I reckon this could suit me quite well.
Not sure what length to go for. 6 foot tall. Weight 88Kg ( fat bastart, I know ). The Mantras are 191s, but I would probably take these down a bit.

Any views?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Steilhang,

Short maybe, but not fat wink
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I have these - fell in love with a pair I hired in PDS so ended up buying them once I got back. I'm a bit over 6ft and about 80kg and have the 181's as they have a slight rocker they feel shorter than than are.

But as they are rocker'ed they do feel a bit different so would suggest you demo them first.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Steilhang, i skied Kendos for a day (I'd forgtten where I'd left my Mantras) and thought they'd be a very nice mostly on piste ski. 89 underfoot so anfraction wider than the RTMs.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Ski on AC50's 85 mm underfoot but no rocker, which these are the replacements for. Great ski that will go anywhere used mainly in UT and WY without problem. For Europe would think they will be fine. Madeye-Smiley
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I ended up buying a pair of 81's at 181. Got a good deal from Conrad. Tried them out yesterday on grippy pistes and very chopped up broken crust / crud beside the pistes. Fantastic ski. It was quite an eye opener going back to something resembling a race carver after having been on the mantras for a few years. They have incredible grip, and the ease of turning was something I had to get accustomed to at first, but after a few runs I wasn't looking back. It will be interesting to see how I get on in some deeper stuff.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Steilhang - I'm looking at those very same skis (the 84s) for my first pair of owned skis - can I ask what made you go for the 81s over the 84s? The other alternatives I'm considering are the Kendos that under a new name mentioned, and the Rossi Experience 88s. Did you get a chance to take them into anything deeper and see how you fared?

Oh and I'm studiously avoiding looking at the frankly absolutely stunning V-Werkz RTMs!
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
MrBlondee, no particular reason for choosing the 81s over the 84s other than that the guys at Sport Conrad gave a good deal on them. I figured a couple of mm here or there isn't going to make a big difference, and working on my new theory that the width at the waist is less relevant than the width at the tips, and the fact that they are banana shaped anyway... Unfortunately I havn't got into anything deep with them yet, but the couple of times I have been out on hard / very icy pistes they have been great, and they do well in crud as well!
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
awesome, thanks for the info. I will definitely try them out when I'm in Chamonix at the end of this month.

(Oh and I have to say I love your signature)
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy