Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

St Anton - good place to stay

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi

Could anyone recommend a reasonably priced guesthouse or hotel in St Anton.

Many thanks

David
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
The Goldenes Kreuz was pretty good value when we stayed there a couple of years ago. Modern decor and good breakfasts. It's B&B only but as there are loads of restaurants in St Anton it's not a problem. It's on the Main Street, a few minutes walk from the Nasserein gondola. We got a cheap deal on a Crystal Ski package holiday, so might be worth looking at their brochures.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
If you are interested in apartments, then a plug for where we have stayed for the last 11 years: http://www.raffles.at. Lovely, well-maintained apartments, in the quiet part of Nasserein. The Nassereinbahn is only 5 mins walk, or 3 maybe minutes skating, from the back of the Arlenburg. The Linie 4 bus stops about 30 metres from the door - takes you to the N'Bahn, or West Terminal (for the Galzig / Rendl lifts, or the bus to Lech/Zurs). Perhaps 10 minutes walk into the centre of town.

In the end, it depends on your budget, how many are travelling, and what is important to you (close to lifts,, in the middle of the party scene, option to self-cater, all meals provided, etc, etc).
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
St Anton is quite expensive by Austrian standards, though it helps if you are in one of the satellite villages, using the shuttle buses to get to the skiing.
Personally I prefer to go half board because eating out is always more expensive than you think. How much would you be prepared to pay?
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Thanks guys, the Goldenes Kreuz could be a good option.

I was HOPING to apy around 500-550 euro for a guestihouse, pension etc. but this may be unrealistic.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Dof, try Haus Kleinhans, located on Alte Arlbergstrasse about 10 mins walk up from the roundabout in the centre (Galzigbahn). I've stayed there and can recommend it.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy