Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

DirectSki Major Problems

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
So 6 of us booked to go to Zell am See for New Year with DirectSKi.
4 flying from down south, 2 from Manchester.
Booked mid August.

Got an email today saying they had to cancel our trip because not enough people had booked to go to Austria. And gave us 2 options:

1. refund deposit.
2. have the accommodation only, and they'd refund some money for the flights.

However, after looking at the Citizens Advice Bureau there should be a 3rd option of
Alternate holiday of the same or better quality.

Obviously, I spoke to directski about this and a nice lady said she would get back in touch tomorrow - I don't hold much hope.

Has this happened to anyone else?

Every other trip now is a few extra hundred pounds which pushes are budgets a little too far.

Has this ever happened to anyone else?

Thoughts / comments?

Many Thanks

Peter
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Doesn't take awfully long to read the small print.

(c) The Organiser requires a specific minimum number of bookings to operate a specific programme of holidays. The Organiser’s obligation to provide that programme shall be contingent upon the Organiser receiving and maintaining that number of bookings. In the event that the Organiser does not receive the minimum number of bookings or having received such a minimum number, has that number reduced by reason of cancellation or transfers by Consumers or otherwise, the Organiser shall be entitled to cancel or curtail the relevant programme up to 4 weeks prior to the departure date and the Consumer shall not be entitled to make a claim for and the organiser shall not be liable for any loss, damage, injury or action arising as a consequence of cancellation or curtailment in these circumstances. The Organiser shall notify the Consumer in writing within 7 days of any cancellation or curtailment necessitated by the foregoing circumstances.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
the best bit is that my flights are booked with Jet2, not a charter flight, and Jet2 are still taking bookings onto the same flight.....
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
pape100,

Don't know if this helps but if I was you I would look through their website until you see a similar product in a different resort, for roughly the same as yours would now be on sale for, and which you like the look of.

If you mange to find something which suits call them and ask them to switch you across - I am sure that they would say yes.

For a big company the worst-case scenario is having to refund money as they base figures on filling as far to capacity as possible - I would imagine that they are only not offering a switch because they don't have enough suitable packages left to offer this to everyone affected.

Good luck whatever you decide to do!
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
So if the accommodation is still available and the flights are confirmed, which bits are DirectSki not able to deliver? Presumably just the transfer and the rep. The transfer from Salzburg Airport is easily organised yourselves at www.Holiday-shuttle.at and you don't really need a rep to take you to the nearest Intersport (or whatever) hire shop or to the lift ticket office (you can buy your lift pass at any lift station).

Why not ask them to confirm that your accommodation and flight bookings are still valid (get it in writing) and then book the Shuttle yourselves online. As long as you have the address, the Shuttle will take you to the front door of your accommodation. Remember to get a local contact number for the accommodation. Ask DirectSki for £60 a head for the inconvenience, which will just about cover the Shuttle, plus of course any refunds if you've pre-paid for lift passes and lessons etc. Then you'll still get your holiday and you'll be able to write about how helpful they were - win/win!
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Not enough interest in Zell Am See for NYE???
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I wondered about this as I was going to book a trip to Bad Gastein with them for Half Term, but all the Austria trips have disappeared from their website. What's wrong with Austria?
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Austria is showing up for flights departing from Ireland.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Dirty Gibson wrote:
I wondered about this as I was going to book a trip to Bad Gastein with them for Half Term, but all the Austria trips have disappeared from their website. What's wrong with Austria?

It'll be full!
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
holidayloverxx wrote:

It'll be full!

No, Austria has completely gone from their website!
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Quote:

Austria is showing up for flights departing from Ireland.

Direct Ski is owned and operated by the sons of Tony Collins, Tony owns Topflight, Ireland leading (SIC) ski tour operator! Direct Ski originally used all the same reps, flight hotles etc as topflight but offered them at a discount.

It appears this well-known secret has been impacting topflights business model, so they have limited the number of options available on Direct Ski.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
The holiday I wanted was on DirectSki's website for £750 each, so £3500 for the 5 of us. I contacted the hotel direct, got a price of €1400 for the apartment I wanted and will drive there instead. Kerching. Lots of money left for schnizel.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy