Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Question about board sizes

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi All

I have a question about board selection, I have kind of plateaued over the last couple of years, in that Im fairly quick and am confident getting around the mountain, but have always struggled to master jumps, do tricks or any kind of manoevers. I have previously put this down to having started late (30, now 37) and being a fairly heavy person, at 100kg, 6'3" so not really built for it.

It was recently pointed out that the board I use, an Artec Phenom 164 wide base, is suitable for powder and cruising, but is too big and flexible to get much pop, and its stability may be holding me back from improving.

My instinct is to try out some smaller boards this season, but I would be interested if anyone else here had a similar experience or has advice on what I should be looking for in a board to help me get better.

Cheers

CF
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
IMHO, your board is fine for hitting kickers - spend a couple of hundred quid on a freestyle course in a fridge to improve your skill and confidence levels and you'll be surprised what you can achieve.

Recommendation from me is Definition Snow Camps.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
yeah, changing the board at this point isnt the way to go and anyone that says its to soft for kickers, frankly is wrong.

As sideways says, spend the money with definition or maverix and get the point in your riding that YOU know what you want, ie, stiffer, shorter, softer etc and then go to the shop Smile For the minute its fine....
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Ok, I've asked Santa for a fridge session, we'll see what he brings....it would have been nice to blame the board though! rolling eyes
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy