Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Samoens/Morillon Nursery

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
We are going to Samoens area at new year and are staying between Samoens and Morillon, does anyone have any experience of either of the 2 nurseries?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Samoen nursery is one of the best I have seen if you are an absolute beginner, longish wide, very gentle slope.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thanks for response.. to be clear.. I am refering to the childrens nurseries/Garderie, not the beginners ski area? We have been to Samoens previously but without our children but have no idea on the child care facilities in the villages.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
SHORTNAME, if you do a search I think you will find quite a bit of information.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
We took our little one at a year old and they were really nice. However they did not speak much English and he found it difficult to settle. Not there fault but ours.
What I would do is give them a call and ask if they have any English speakers or anything that will. Help they were very good and honest and open. They tried there best and as the week went on he did settle better. This was the nursery in samoens next to the ice rink. They were called gardiere louipiouts I think
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Yes we have used both.

The nursery in (Upper) Morillion is a typical resort nursery, aimed at holiday makers who have little ones who not quite/almost/just about big enough to start skiing - or at least a bit of sliding around on snow.

The nursery in the middle of Samoens is a town nursery, aimed mostly at locals who need nursery care, but will also take holiday-makers kids, whether they are pre-ski are just about starting skiing.

We much preferred the one in Samoens.

http://www.ot-morillon.fr/en/winter/halte-garderie-nurserie-village-des-enfants-reservation-et-services/formulaire-7.html
http://www.garderielesloupiots.com/en.html
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
we have now booked the Samoens nursery.. thanks for your help
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Although this is a pretty old thread thought it woul be useful to update things regarding thre nursery in Samoens. Our little one is there for this and next week (he is almost 7 months) and they are fantastic. Realy warm and welcoming environment and the staff really enthusiastic. Great location in the village and its cheaper than our nursery back in the UK. They open from 0830 to 1750 at this time of year.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Worth updating this, the nursery in Samoens no longer takes holidaying kids. Sad
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Its a shame, our little one has been to both and we also much preferred the one in Samoens. It was also a lot more convenient. They said that they were now full as there were more children living locally and therefore couldn't also accept visiting children. Looks like we will need to use a tour operator with childcare facilities int he future.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy