Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Is this impossible?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Cannot believe the price of xmas and new year ski trips , but want to try and use the forced time off work without breaking the bank, can get easyjet flights to Geneva for about £180 on 26th December to 31st December, really not bothered about actually having xmas day or NYE in resort so would be happy with 4/5 days on the slopes.....

Question is, would there be anyone out there with a spare apartment or room for those 5 days?? For not daft money??

Longshot I know - guess all accomodation people would want to sell the full weeks but worth a try Toofy Grin

Cheers all Neil.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
neilkav, might be worth trying the Solutions Room on www.chaletsdirect.com but you'd be looking for something with a single room available for a high peak time, plus Christmas week for accommodation is 21 or 22nd - 28 or 29th and New Year is 28 or 29th to 4 or 5th January so your dates cut across 2 weeks.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
neilkav, I did something similar a few years ago and stayed at the Riad des Neiges in Val d'Illiez. It was excellent but only a B&B but with a couple of restaurants nearby. They really looked after us and it's a quick cog railway journey from there to Champery to get the cable car.

Worth a try but I did a quick check on Booking.com but it's showing as full. Easy to get to by train from Geneva though and although it's in Switzerland, you have the whole Portes de Soleil area to ski, which is mostly in France.

I actually booked it through http://www.otp.co.uk/ at the time and they sorted us out excellently, so might be worth seeing what they can do for you. Jeff, who runs the company is really helpful.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Quote:
Is this impossible?
No. If you'll have a car, don't mind budget digs, are happy to stay in a valley town as opposed to a ski resort and are prepared to drive on a daily basis, Robert could well be votre oncle.... wink We've stayed in all of the following, bookable at Accorhotels.com.

Ibis Budget Hotel (former Etap Hotel) St Jean de Maurienne: Total €178 for your five nights in Dec. St Francois Longchamp (linked to Valmorel), Val Frejus, Orelle (gondola up to 3 Vallees), Valmeinier, Val Cenis and more are all within daily striking distance.

Unfortunately, the Ibis Budget Hotel in Albertville only has four nights' availability during your dates. If you could go elsewhere on the 27th(?), four nights in Albertville would be €116. Easy driving distance to Valmorel, St Martin de Belleville (for 3 Vallees) and Bourg St Maurice (for Les Arcs funicular) - plus cheap food and drink in Albertville.

And for a not quite so budget stay:
Ibis Hotel Sallanches: Total €359.52. Minutes from Combloux/Megeve, plus Chamonix, Les Houches, Les Carroz/Flaine and Les Gets/Morzine/Avoriaz all do-able from there.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
wow thanks for all your help everyone certainly have some options now wink
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
neilkav, some other options from Albertville, too, including Praz sur Arly and Megeve. Last year there was a free bus from Albertville to Areches-Beaufort. At least, included in the price of the day's lift pass. And from Sallanches you can easily get to Les Contamines - a lot closer than places like Les Gets and probably less busy.

The Ibis budget hotels are fine. Sounds a good way to explore a range of new destinations for your next holiday!
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Chambery and Annecy also have availability (from £16!) with Accor on 27th Dec. From Chambery its about an hour to Chamrousse. And from Annecy you can get to La Clusaz or Le Grand Bornand in about 40 minutes. Annecy is only 40 minutes from Geneva, so you could kick off there then head to Albertville later in your trip.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
have sent you a pm
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
mountainaddict wrote:
Ibis Budget Hotel (former Etap Hotel) St Jean de Maurienne: Total €178 for your five nights in Dec.
I'm intrigued how you managed to get this price. Accor is showing 47/55 euros per night plus 5.95 for breakfast.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Quote:

Question is, would there be anyone out there with a spare apartment or room for those 5 days?? For not daft money??

try http://booking.lesmenuires.com/en/accommodation I can see apartments for 2 starting from 365 euros. you'll have to take the week though, saturday to saturday.

That's what I'm doing, plus we've booked a hotel down near albertville for 3 nights because a) its more skiing (we'll probably do pardiski from champagny and peisey so easy drive) and b) the flights back were so much cheaper on tuesday than saturday that one night is covered by the difference!
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy