Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

St Johann/Kitzbuhel as a base?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Posted this in the piste but seems a lot more suitable for here

Hi,

I am looking at a base near Kitzbuhel, I can get really cheap deal to St Johann and am really keen to check out the freeeride at Fieberbrunn.

The inevitable questions

- can I get around from St Johan fairly easily, not that far on google maps less than 10km to both. Is there a free/cheap train? Are taxis pretty cheap?

- What pass options are available and is there anything that covers all 3 - I see there is an allstar pass at € 241,00 for 6 days but it covers a massive area. Are there better options do they share another type of pass or a day upgrade option?

Any info on the area things not to miss (or things to avoid ) would be much appreciated.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Get the Allstar pass, it's only €4 more than 6 day Schneewinkl pass and a Kitz day pass together. Several bus lines around the area on your ski pass, but get your timings right. Taxi from Eichenhoflifte to Fieberbrunn was €28 IIRC only have one journey to go by though. Go and eat in the Huber brewery tower restaurant and visit the Angerer Alm as well.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
roscoeh, Whilst you're in St Johann it's worthwhile doing the black run down to Oberndorf, see piste map.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
You can get the train from st. Johann to kitzbuhel -there's a train station in kitz right at the hahnenkamm gondola -cost less than 3 euros one way if I remember correctly. There's a bus service to fieberbrunn -taxi cost us about 5 euro a head for 4 of us from st johann gondola to fieberbrunn. Ellmau/going all within easy reach of st. Johann too so access to skiwelt very easy. St. Johann isn't just good value for money but very under-rated resort - the black run is indeed well worth a stab - as are the red runs over to eichenhof in the mornings as normally free from major traffic and capable of being blitzed to put a grin on your face! Plus of course the beer flowing from the ceiling in Max's bar.......
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
The black to Oberndorf we found to be one of the best in St Johann. The reds to Eichenhof are good and there is an unpisted option but, be aware that it's two long T-bars back up. Good food in the Pointenhof as well.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
shuey, pretty sure it wasn't anything as mundane as beer from Max's ceiling in 2013! Rogi's had a nice chilled atmosphere.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Thanks for the replies.

St Johann looks good, not a massive area but interesting. Used to riding drags as I ski most of my time in Scotland so is not an issue. The thing a about drags is you usually get the piste/area they serve all to yourself.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy