Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Saalbach Accomidation

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi,

There are 5 of us going to Saalbach in Jan/Feb for a week. I am trying to do a DIY on it and stay in an apartment.
I've found a few that are a decent price but are 1km outside of the town on the main round.

I'm not too worried about during the day as the bus service seems good but what about at night (2am) can we grab a taxi back?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
gleesonger, Welcome to Snowheads.

Taxis are affordable and plentiful in Saalbach - they wait outside all of the main bars, or at the rank at the bottom of the main pedestrian street opposite Bobby's and Underbar.

Where is your accommodation?

You have presumably seen the long thread http://www.snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=94479&start=520
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Ah brilliant I've been skiing a few times before in quieter resorts and taxis at night are either sketchy at best or non existent.

I'm thinking of staying on the main road between Hinterglemm and Saalbach. Plan so far is to drive from Munich airport, use the ski-bus to get to slopes,apres-ski,dinner,nightclub\bar and taxi home and then get up to do it all again * 6 Smile

I'm used to eastern european prices so the accom is a bit more than I'm used to. But I've been wanting to do Austria for a while now and Saalbach seems to be one of the best places.

Yes I saw that link. I was searching for taxis and got some mentions alright but nothing definitive about running at 2am times.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Quote:

1km outside of the town on the main round

1 km doesn't seem far to stagger! Smile
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Tatman's Tours wrote:
1 km doesn't seem far to stagger! Smile

It is when you need to carry someone (hopefully I'm the one being carried Smile )
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Taxi Transfer from airport to Saalbach 300 Euros return up to 8 people and luggage.!! Shocked
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Quote:

Taxi Transfer from airport to Saalbach 300 Euros return up to 8 people and luggage.!!

That's of course from Salzburg, although I've been quoted EU 140 each way by a Salzburg taxi operator and have heard of the price being negotiated down to as little as EU 120 with a Saalbach taxi firm (although that was probably for 4 people). Last season the Transfer Service was doing it for EU 109 but they've since gone bust!
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Try residence it will probably be a dutch website but they are a couple of years old and at the top if the main street in the centre of saalbach. Or kristall they should be up and running now.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
300e sounds reasonable for 8ppl!
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy