Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

got a bataleon 151... which isnt much smaller then my old 155

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
this is a random question i know

i just got a bataleon fun.kink 151 and it is not 4cm smaller then my old evil twin 155...

and it has blunted edges, so surly it should be shorter... for its length.. if that makes sence

how do they measure them, is it the 'effective edge'

im thinking maybe i should have bought the 148...?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
You need to look closely at the manufacturer's spec to see what the various precise dimensions are, but you're missing the point really.

The length is nominal, it's just how you tell them apart. Different sized boards are built for different rider weights, with "longer" boards being of beefier construction: they are stiffer that shorter boards of the same make/model/year.

They could make them all the same length, but then you'd have even more trouble with the physics and so would the shops. Actually, the early Burton Fish were all the same length, with different flex patterns.

So you need to ride the board to know what the right length is for you. If it rides like it's too big, obviously try the size smaller. It's that easy.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well yeah

I got the smaller board because my evil twin was too big for me, and it's a softer board anyway,

Just seems to reason that the measurement for the length of the board should in someway correlate to.... It's lengh, with 2 boards from the same brand you would think they would be measured the same way, if you know what I mean, just want to know if the board length is measured as the overall length, or from the point the board comes of the snow or something .... I should probably get a tape out lol
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
fearlessjoe, measure it and you'll know for sure. Of my 4 boards which are supposedly different lengths, there isn't much in them tbh. My 155 has blunted ends but rides longer. I didn't want to go even shorter as I could over flex it. I have a 159 & 158 but they both are exactly the same length and my 156.5 is in fact a 155. Manufacturers dick us about abit but as phil says, best to ride it and see.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
well after late night at hemel on friday, after using mine, and a quick go on my mates custom for comparison, (as i know thats similar to my evil twin for stiffness) safe to say the fun kink is fun... and bloody bendy, i love it

dreaming of this season now
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
well after late night at hemel on friday, after using mine, and a quick go on my mates custom for comparison, (as i know thats similar to my evil twin for stiffness) safe to say the fun kink is fun... and bloody bendy, i love it

dreaming of this season now
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
TBT is the future...and pays off well for park and rail. On piste/off piste I ride a Jam or the old unsisputed.
That said i have bought a jones Aviator for 13/14 seems even Mr Jones has caught onto a bit more lift and bevel at the contact points pays off ...
have fun.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy