Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

"Helmets should be replaced every two to three years"

Poster: A snowHead
Comedy Goldsmith wrote:
This is 90% about learning to ski with skill levels that reduce the risk of falling - and hitting objects - to very low levels. 10% about helmets.

I suppose it depend upon your perspective. If I ski offpiste then chances are that I will fall over at some point. My personal preference would be to wear a helmet in order to protect myself from the possibility of falling on rocks. In the same way as I wear a seat belt when I am driving this choice doesn't make me ski any differently than I would do otherwise. Much of the same can be said about transceivers etc.

If you honestly looked at the actual reasons why some kids who skateboard, snowboard, ski in the park etc don't where helmets you might discover that in some part the decision essentially comes down to being cool and personal safety really doesn't come into it.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Comedy Goldsmith wrote:
This is 90% about learning to ski with skill levels that reduce the risk of falling - and hitting objects - to very low levels. 10% about helmets.

My kids once spent a fantastic week with a hugely gung-ho instructor. Two of his favourite sayings were, "If you don't scare yourself at least twice a day, you're not trying hard enough," and, "If you don't fall over regularly, you're not pushing properly."

Last year we had an instructor who spent the best part of a day on the mantra "Faster, longer," which basically meant straight-lining a chute until you eventually found some soft snow that other skiers were too frightened to reach.

With instructors like that, perhaps it's a good job that we all wear helmets!
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I've heard that the hard-core Chamonix skiers are now going helmet-less as proof of their stupidity...sorry, proof of their hard-core-ness
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Richard_Sideways wrote:
Filthyphil30k,

If people don't want to wear one, I have no problem with that, its a matter of personal choice, I don't preach use, I won't refuse to ride with someone who chooses not to wear a lid like some do. But I do get annoyed when people trot out these techno reasons like the 25kph CEN test as to why wearing one is pointless. Frankly, I have more respect for your OH for saying 'No, they look stupid' than I do for people like that.

I think anyone refusing to ski with someone not wearing a lid would get laughed off the mountain and would probably not be worth skiing with. Their family excluded! In my experience (don't know anout the US) the better the skier the less likely to wear a helmet. If you want to wear one do it. If you don't then don't.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Quote:

If you want to wear one do it. If you don't then don't.

That sort of talk will never get this us up to the required 20 pages for an helmet thread Toofy Grin Cool snowHead
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Layne, Ha. Good point.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Absolute lunacy!! helmets are imperative for safe and happy skiing irrespective of families (Kesone- tosser)
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
This is my first time on this forum and I am amazed. I have skied in Portillo for years and the American Skier is by far more Considerate than the UK skier (Milton Keynes).
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I have just googled Milton keynes (Layne) keep to your dry slopes and fake cows you bitch.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Theslopes1967, and your first post was to call someone a tosser.

Charming.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Theslopes1967 wrote:
This is my first time on this forum and I am amazed. I have skied in Portillo for years and the American Skier is by far more Considerate than the UK skier (Milton Keynes).

so having skied in Portillo for so long, what is your reference point to make that comment regarding european skiers?. In addition what is the relevance to the 'should I wear a helmet discussion?'
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Anyone else smell socktroll?
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Theslopes1967, welcome to snowheads!

Now go back to TGR where you belong.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Theslopes1967 wrote:
I have just googled Milton keynes (Layne) keep to your dry slopes and fake cows you bitch.

Can't even use Google or the Web can you, Milton Keynes has never and never will have a dry slope. Find a rock and start crawling under it would be my suggestion.

Last edited by You know it makes sense. on Thu 3-10-13 15:11; edited 1 time in total
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Portillio where me and my husband go is full of North/South american skiers who do not want to die nor the do not want the emergency services to risk their lives by needless injuries which can be mitigated by the use of helmets thats why I have commented Ansta 1.
snow report
Paaaaleeeese stop me
snow conditions
Theslopes1967, I have heard that Portillo is full of helmets!
snow report
Comedy Goldsmith, for how long have you suffered these delusional obsessions?
snow report
Theslopes1967, okay so I can use Google too.

Portillo has 19 posted runs, doesn't enforce or mandate helmet use. In fact if you look in their website the majority of images are of people without helmets. The odds of an accident skiing a pisted run are relatively small, the chances of an accident where a helmet will reduce or save you are a percentage of that.

An accident on piste is highly unlikely to endanger emergency services, but that is what they are there for, emergencies

Your first post insults someone, your second further insults someone and the place they live.

I would kindly suggest you apologise and start again in a sensible manner as to why you believe helmet use should be compulsory. And not sterotype a whole continent in one or two sentences.

And breath....
snow report
Theslopes1967 wrote:

Is that Native Americans? Or the new comers?
snow conditions
I never saw a native skiing when I was there?
latest report
kesone1,
Quote:

Portillo is full of helmets

Well, that's a public school education for you.
snow report
Richard_Sideways, Laughing
snow report
blahblahblah wrote:
Richard_Sideways, Laughing

But it is just a shame that a fair few septics won't get either the reference or the humour.

And this thread was going so well.
ski holidays
Firstly, apologises I have came into this like what you would say a bull in a china shop and probably living up to my American stereotype.

I work for John Hopkins Medicine and we did a series of research in the use of helmets by skiers, I shall not bore you all with the details however as you can imagine protection is better to no protection... I am sure you have all used contraception.

Have you looked into details in the untimely death of Natasha Richardson?
ski holidays
Theslopes1967 wrote:
Firstly, apologises I have came into this like what you would say a bull in a china shop and probably living up to my American stereotype.

I work for John Hopkins Medicine and we did a series of research in the use of helmets by skiers, I shall not bore you all with the details however as you can imagine protection is better to no protection... I am sure you have all used contraception.

Have you looked into details in the untimely death of Natasha Richardson?

Someone obviously hasn't read the whole thread Laughing
snow report
Please bore us, the helmet debate is often, ahem, debated here.

Yes we have discussed natasha, have you read the whole thread?

Do you own a gun?
snow conditions
Theslopes1967, I really don't think you need an helmet.. there is clearly nothing to protect. Indeed a couple of hard knocks might do it good Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Theslopes1967, but you have not told us how old your helmet is? That is the point, how many helmets have you bought?

Sorry to hear about Tom Clancy.
latest report
USA USA!! and I thought we had a special relationship. I.e. Our pet.
snow report
Quote:

I work for John Hopkins Medicine and we did a series of research in the use of helmets by skiers,

Did you take a few blows to the head as part of this research or where you are a foul mouth, presumptious, eejit before that.

Quote:

I am sure you have all used contraception

Shame your mother didn't... actually, point well made
snow report
It now transpires that Theslopes1967, is my numpty mate Terrence at work. Colleagues seem to think me being a member of snowheads is odd. Not sure why! Very Happy

So well trolled sir. Pays me back for sending fake hospital messages following his 'appointment'.
snow conditions
Theslopes1967, Nice, good troll.
latest report
I was enjoying that aswell Toofy Grin Still, we're almost on page 6....
snow report
Layne, Was it the fake cow thing that got you angry?
ski holidays
Theslopes1967, excellent, keep posting.
ski holidays
Quote:

blahblahblah, Layne, Was it the fake cow thing that got you angry?

Absolutely. We take our cows very seriously you know wink At least he didn't start on the roundabouts. David Baddiel did that once, and looked what happened to him.
snow report
Demoted to Horrible History?
snow conditions
Quote:

Demoted to Horrible History?

The bloke daren't step outside his front door.

Not without an helmet anyway...
ski holidays
Quote:

kesone1, Quote:

Portillo is full of helmets

Well, that's a public school education for you.

Portillo did not go to a public school, unless you mean state (public) school. Was at my college tho!
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy