Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Booked ski tuning lesson at The Piste Office

Poster: A snowHead
I have booked a ski tuning lesson with spyderjon at the Piste Office on 15th Oct

My missus is paying for this for my birthday Very Happy
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Good stuff Neville. Having done the same a few years ago I can assure you you'll learn a lot and have a great time, and a decent cup of team and biscuit, with it.

Was back up for my second trip to spyderjon on Saturday to get some quiver killers installed and collect some new ski's and can't review him and his service highly enough.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Do not take credit card and take minimal cash - you'll then be better able to resist the vast array of stuff he'll flog you wink
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
fatbob wrote:
Do not take credit card and take minimal cash - you'll then be better able to resist the vast array of stuff he'll flog you wink

Too late, I've already got his missus' credit card details Toofy Grin
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
spyderjon, Any chance of doing workshop down south? I know a location that could do you a good deal for room hire Very Happy
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Neville, fatbob, ....I did a morning with Jon about eight years' ago - came away with a big bag of tuning gear. And do you know what? It was all spot on, and has been used, and used, and used.

The course is worth its weight in gold.

And Jon is that rare thing ... someone who has carefully and critically accumulated huge amounts of practical experience, and combined that with sound knowledge, and - therefore - actually knows what he is talking about! The kind of craftsman we should have in all walks of life.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Neville, great birthday present, enjoy Smile
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
spyderjon wrote:

Too late, I've already got his missus' credit card details Toofy Grin

That's ok, not much credit on hers
might be enough to buy lunch Very Happy
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Neville, need a report on the biscuits. We need to be assured that standards are being maintained.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
boredsurfin wrote:
spyderjon, Any chance of doing workshop down south?

Count me in if you do.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
achilles, as one who attended this week with a girlfriend who has limited interest in skiing and the technical depths that me and Jon got into I can assure you that the biscuits were her highlight.
Some kind if double-layer chocolate sandwich type affair, very nice.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
fastandicy wrote:
achilles, as one who attended this week with a girlfriend who has limited interest in skiing and the technical depths that me and Jon got into I can assure you that the biscuits were her highlight.
Some kind if double-layer chocolate sandwich type affair, very nice.

But not a bourbon ? Maybe posher like a Viennese sandwich ?
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
There's a possibility it was a Fox's crunch cream. Can't be certain though.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
It's nice that quality snowsports retailers are also known for their ancillary snacks! Spyderdon is renowned for the quality of his biscuits, and I believe CEM used to be well known for his association with pork pies, although sadly I gather not as frequently now (I must say I'm very partial to a nice Melton Mowbray pie myself) ... Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
I feel sure that should a Southern workshop be held the quality of biscuits will be beyond question Very Happy
snow report
So good that biccy standards are being maintained. Very important. Jon used to service my skis, whilst we both chatted about what was happening in the skiing world, and of couse had coffee and biccies. Rather miss all that now that I look after my skis myself.
ski holidays
Just spent a pleasant lunchtime looking through your website spyderjon, terrific. Thinking of following up with a course too like Neville. I already do a bit of DIY tuning, using input from ex-racers and books, but even a casual look through your pages tells me I'm getting quite a few things wrong...

Got a few questions: I'd like to do the Technicial Foundation Course - is it OK to dive straight into this , or would you recommend the DIY Tuning Lesson first? Is the Foundation Course one day or two?

Can't wax lyrical about the biscuits tho' ... 'till I've tried them.
latest report
ALQ wrote:
boredsurfin wrote:
spyderjon, Any chance of doing workshop down south?

Count me in if you do.

And me.
ski holidays
bobski62 wrote:
.....Got a few questions: I'd like to do the Technicial Foundation Course - is it OK to dive straight into this , or would you recommend the DIY Tuning Lesson first? Is the Foundation Course one day or two?

The tech Foundation course is 1 day & there's no problem going straight for that if you think you're gonna need to use base/edge machines in the future & know how to mount/set-up bindings etc.
latest report
boredsurfin wrote:
I feel sure that should a Southern workshop be held the quality of biscuits will be beyond question Very Happy

Too busy now to do that this season but it's something I could do next summer. I'll be doing something at the EoSB though.
snow report
Thanks spyderjon, Foundation will probably be off target for what I would best benefit from in the immediate short term so will stick to Tuning. Be in touch through your website...
snow conditions
bobski62 wrote:
Thanks spyderjon, Foundation will probably be off target for what I would best benefit from in the immediate short term so will stick to Tuning. Be in touch through your website...

bobski62, I'd recommend booking asap as I've only a few Oct slots left & Nov is already well booked. Best to call me with your diary handy rather than playing email tennis.
latest report
I've been busy revising for my day.

Over the last few days i've had Crawfords Pink Wafers, Lidl version of Hob Nobs (not the same :0(
tonight i am trying out Waitrose own brand Ginger Snaps and As it's my birthday at the weekend i may go for the Premium Cookies Very Happy
ski holidays
bobski62 wrote:
Can't wax lyrical about the biscuits tho' ... 'till I've tried them.

I think it's the skis you wax rather than the biscuits.... Madeye-Smiley
latest report
Well due to my boss being a c**k about my booked days off, i couldn't make it last week.
However, I will be at Jon's tomorrow Very Happy

Am staying locally tonight, so just about to head out to the pub for some food and a coupke of beers
snow report
Note to self: Fox's Chunkie Caramel Extremely Chocolatey Cookies are waaaaay too nice to give to customers Toofy Grin
latest report
spyderjon, how do manage to have such things anywhere near you and still lose the weight you have lost?! Shocked
snow report
Pedantica wrote:
spyderjon, how do manage to have such things anywhere near you and still lose the weight you have lost?! Shocked

I fasted Tues & Wed - which was a good job as they're 129 cals each Shocked. The technical expression for them is YUM Toofy Grin
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
spyderjon, Laughing
snow report
fatbob wrote:

Remember this Mr New Skis?? wink
snow report
spyderjon, sorry, but please could you remind me - contrary to popular belief, it's actually four years since I had a new pair of skis, so I've forgotten - when my new skis which Neville so kindly sourced for me arrive, should I get the travelling wax removed, and some other wax put on? Or can I just ski on them 'as is'?
ski holidays
fatbob, I forgot to take minimal cash and spent 200 quid on some very nice biscuits.
However the biscuits came with a free large box of goodies.
ski holidays
Pedantica wrote:
spyderjon, sorry, but please could you remind me - contrary to popular belief, it's actually four years since I had a new pair of skis, so I've forgotten - when my new skis which Neville so kindly sourced for me arrive, should I get the travelling wax removed, and some other wax put on? Or can I just ski on them 'as is'?

Yep, a hot wax or two is definitely worth it. Get Neville to do 'em, he needs the practice wink
ski holidays
spyderjon, thanks. I've already suggested that, as it happens! wink
latest report
ski holidays
spyderjon wrote:
Note to self: Fox's Chunkie Caramel Extremely Chocolatey Cookies are waaaaay too nice to give to customers

Maybe not if you're a red car owner Cool
ski holidays
But i only came in to post a parcel
ski holidays
Neville, that old Porker looks in tidy condition?! Cool

Loving the look of the 'Piste Office' too, first time I have seen a pic of it - does it cause confusion with tourists or illiterates trying to send mail?? Laughing
ski holidays
dennisp, thanks, it's not too bad for a 27 yr old

I was just about to ask Jon about people thinking it's still a post office, when a woman walked in to send a parcel Very Happy
ski holidays
Neville, Laughing Laughing
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy