Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Transfer Geneva - Cervinia

Poster: A snowHead
Hi All,

I'm taking the plunge and doing a Warren Smith course in Cervinia at the end of November. While the course do organise a reasonably priced transfer from Geneva, my flight gets in too late - at 3pm - to meet their transfer. So I need to organize a transfer from Geneva airport at 3pm on a Saturday to Cervinia. Hiring a car is not an option and the transfer offers online are ridiculously expensive.

Does anyone have any suggestions for reasonable Geneva-Cervinia transfers?

Much appreciated!
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Fly to Turin and take a bus?
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
5RED, you didn't think this through did you?

Train to Milan and transfer from there?

Bvgger of a journey.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
5RED, booking new flights might be your best option, otherwise it is a bit of an epic journey... At the end of November you will only get quotes for a private transfer...
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
under a new name, well I didn't think I needed to investigate further because the Warren Smith folks advised to travel to Geneva...

Dia_FindTransfers, hoping not to have to do that Sad
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
5RED, I reckon you have to bite the bullet. Hire a car and drive through the MB tunnel or, if that is absolutely not an option, re-book the flight. It will be cheaper than a private transfer (probably cheaper than a week's car hire, too, come to that). Flights in November shouldn't be expensive. Are any other participants arriving too late for the transfer, to share costs with?
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Both Milan Malpensa (transfer around €60) and Torino Caselle Airport (transfer for around €45) are a lot better to fly to. Maybe you could try to change your flight? From Geneva you have to go through the tunnel which is expensive and it takes a good 2:30 to get there. You are right to get in touch with Warren Smith though.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Dia_FindTransfers, would you have any links/companies where I could find those transfer prices? Am finding even Torino and Milan MXP transfers to be in the €100+ range each way in late Nov. Thanks!
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Try these guys http://www.cerviniataxiservices.com/
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
5RED, can you not change to an earlier flight and catch the Warren Smith transfer?
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
pam w, thanks. It is a bit tricky as flying from Ireland and booking two flights, e.g. dublin-london, then london-geneva is always risky in case of flight delays etc. As we have a decently priced transfer on the return leg with the Warren Smith crew I'm loath to hire a car. Have driven many places, but never the Alps!
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
5RED, if the alternatives are too expensive you could consider flying into Gva the previous evening and spending the night in a cheap hotel. There is one, called The Stars Hotel, in Ferney Voltaire - walkable from the French side of the airport and probably a lot cheaper than any of the Swiss alternatives. Can understand that you don't want to hire a car given your return transfer.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Contact Warren Smith and see if they'll hang around - seeing as how they said you should go to GVA.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
5RED, travel insurance should cover you if a reasonably planned trip goes wrong due delay of a scheduled sector. I.e. It (to the extent that it's reasonable) starts to become their problem...
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
pam w, only flight from Dublin to GVA the previous day leaves at 6 am so no can do as it means missing a days work - typical!

altis, have let Warren Smith know but they will only wait for us until 1pm. Understandable as it may mean the entire rest of group hanging round the airport for an extra few hours - I probably wouldn't want to do that either. I am hoping that someone they know, or from here, or some other guardian angel will appear and offer us a cheap ride Little Angel
snow report
Hi All,

Good news, I can change my flight to Milan Linate so am now looking for a transfer from there to Cervinia. I have emailed over 10 italian transfer companies incuding Dia_FindTransfers's suggestion. Only one reply and I did check it if was an Italian bank holiday today! Any other transfer companies you can all suggest gladly welcomed!

Thanks everyone.
ski holidays
5RED, Have you looked at trains or bus ?
snow report
Quote:

Only one reply and I did check it if was an Italian bank holiday today

It's Italy! You might get some more.......

Have you looked at the Cervinia website - various suggestions about transfers there http://www.cervinia.it/pages/COME_ARRIVARE_i_en/440
snow conditions
pam w, I know, what's the rush?! And thanks, did check out that page and emailed them all.

rjs, I did look at trains or bus but it's really a very very last resort...
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy