Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Petition to reduce road transport throught the Mont Blanc tunnel and pollution in the valley

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I am afraid it's in French but the gist is a request to:

1. Increase charges for Euro 3 class vehicles on the Autoroute Ferroviaire Alpine during winter months when the effects are worst and ban them completely from the Tunnel du Mont-Blanc. Charge them also to discourage their re-routing to the Fréjus road tunnel.

2. Make the general public more aware of polution levels.

3. Discourage the use of open fires (which are a major source of valley pollution).

4. Create infrastructure to support car sharing.

5. Encourage the use of scooters for personal transport.

None of which seem like bad ideas.

Video and petition here

Thanks!
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
under a new name, how is it proposed that they transit the alps without using one of the tunnels?
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I think the idea is to discourage use of the Frejus one. But they'll have to use it until the new rail one is finished. Managed fine without the Mont Blanc for years....
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
under a new name, Isn't one alternative to put lorries onto trains at Aiguebelle and take them off again somewhere near Turin ?
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Quote:

Managed fine without the Mont Blanc for years....

but I imagine then they largely used Fréjus instead? Mind you, just from the pollution point of view, Fréjus would be preferable because it's further from a centre of population. I also get the impression, approaching Fréjus, that there's much less "grinding up in low gear" than there is in Mont Blanc.

I can't see "discouraging" open fires achieving much without some legal "smokeless" framework.

It would be great to see all trans-Alpine heavy traffic on rail.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
pam w, wouldn't it just? The Swiss are trying hard...

Mont Blanc also has the problem that Chamonix/Arve valley is narrow and frequently (as you will know) inversioned so all the crap just lurks along the valley floor. Visibly.

I am not sure Frejus has the same problem.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy