Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Portes du Soleil resorts - LAST WEEK OF lift pass early booking offers!!

Poster: A snowHead
Just been looking at lift passes and come across some offers, some better than others. May be useful to a few SHs snowHead

Chatel - 30% off season pass until 30th Sept, then 25% off til 30/11 and then 20% off til 8/12. Also 10% off individual and family passes of 5 days or more til 8/12

Portes du Soleil - 10% off individual passes of 5 days or more, booked before 8/12

Morzine LesGets - 20% off 6 days or more until 31/10 (except school holidays)

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Tue 3-12-13 19:43; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Bumping this as last day for 10% off PDS or Chatel passes of 5 days or more is 8th Dec. I have just booked online, www.skipass-morzine.com site is not working and lets you fill a basket but not check out. La Chapelle site doesn't apply the 10% PDS discount. http://www.skipass-chatel.com/ seems to be working ok.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Morzine-Les Gets season pass is 40% off if booked before the 10 December, meaning a season pass is the same price as two separate weeks.

http://www.lesgets.com/glisse-ski/forfaits.html

http://www.lesgets.com/medias/docs/glisse/tarifs_ski.pdf
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Sadly the PDS 10% pass does not count for the season pass. http://en.portesdusoleil.com/lift-tickets-discount.html

Does anyone know if a copy of a rental agreement for the season is enough to get you a local pass?
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Harry Flashman wrote:
Does anyone know if a copy of a rental agreement for the season is enough to get you a local pass?

The 'local pass' I know of covers Avoriaz, Morzine and Les Gets. It's not an option sold to tourists. Chat on Facebook suggests that some people have had luck getting it with a rental contract but others haven't. As with everything in France it can depend considerably on the attitude of your cashier that day, but if you try then my general advice would be to take an agreement in French not English.

There also seems to be a different price for locals than for those with work contracts, as it seems a contact who provided their council tax bill as proof of residency paid 70€ less than I did with my employment contract!

For the record: There's also a 60€ Avoriaz-only pass which lasts 30 days. Workers can get this, I don't know about locals. This can be renewed every month if they wish but obviously stops being economical after the second.

None of this is published officially anywhere so it's hard to pin them down on your best options.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Harry Flashman, I've just been reading skipass.com (French site) and someone there claims that the resident discount for the PDS pass is supposedly -20% making it 686€ this year. The French word used is more 'native' than 'local' though, so I'm think it's for annual residents and property owners, not just those there for the season (might even be just those born there!). Apparently it also offers 50% off the summer pass, which is nice if you hang around to do some mountain biking.

Another has apparently mailed the lift company and received the following prices for season workers (must present an employment contract):
- Domaine skiable de Morzine-Les Gets : 229 €
- Domaine skiable de Morzine-Les Gets- Avoriaz (PNGA) : 306€
- Domaine skiable des Portes du Soleil : 686 €

http://www.skipass.com/forum-station/morzine/sujet-128260.html
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Page 13 para IX.2 here:

http://info.chatel.com//images/info_pages/cgv-uniques-2013-2014-fr-6021.pdf

sets out the position for "Indigenes". 20% discount on a PDS season pass for Haute Savoyard residents (evidenced by Identity card) or Owners (evidenced by Identity card and a document showing principal or secondary residence)
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
They seem to overlook the fact that French residents and owners exist but don't have identity cards showing their department. I've been told they'll accept a taxe d'habitation statement though.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Quote:

La Chapelle site doesn't apply the 10% PDS discount.

Noticed that this morning. Staying in La Chapelle but looks like I'll be buying my pass elsewhere.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
albinomountainbadger wrote:
Harry Flashman, I've just been reading skipass.com (French site) and someone there claims that the resident discount for the PDS pass is supposedly -20% making it 686€ this year. The French word used is more 'native' than 'local' though, so I'm think it's for annual residents and property owners, not just those there for the season (might even be just those born there!). Apparently it also offers 50% off the summer pass, which is nice if you hang around to do some mountain biking.

Another has apparently mailed the lift company and received the following prices for season workers (must present an employment contract):
- Domaine skiable de Morzine-Les Gets : 229 €
- Domaine skiable de Morzine-Les Gets- Avoriaz (PNGA) : 306€
- Domaine skiable des Portes du Soleil : 686 €

http://www.skipass.com/forum-station/morzine/sujet-128260.html

Thanks very much. Sadly no offers for me, as I'm not working during my season, and I'm merely a renter, not a resident/owner. Looks like I'll be turning up with my passport photo and paying full price! No need to order in advance in that case, shall simply drive to the local office in Morzine and get it done on my first morning...
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
The last time I tried with a rental contract (a few years ago mind) I was told I could have swung it if I had some other proof of residence like an EDF bill in my name. The interpretation of the rules still seems to vary depending on who you get across the counter. The general guideline is:

Indigène : Habitant de Haute-Savoie et/ou propriétaire d'une résidence secondaire dans la station.

I think that Haute Savoie is matched by the equivalent Canton Valais on the Swiss side, but not Vaud.

Dont forget to ask for your discount tickets for the other Swiss/French resorts! (~1 euro)! (they dont always tell you about these)
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Bumpety bump for the last few days of possibly getting 10% off your passes this season.
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Sarah I was having the same problem, I'm staying in morzine, did you use the chatel site? Are you getting the passes delivered. Does it matter where you use it first time?as I was looking at avoriaz and it says first time use has too be there.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Gjspain, I have replied on your other thread. I used the Chatel site. Are you buying PDS or Morzine only passes? No I have cards already and am just re-charging but I have had them delivered in the past and it is no problem. I worried about first use too last year but again it was no prob, I think I bought from Morzine but first used in Chatel and it was ok.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Yes I want PDS, I have a card here, but I need another one, so maybe best I just get 2 new ones and have them deliverd here in uk.
snow report
Gjspain, so that's ok you can use any of the other PDS lift pass sites that are working Smile
latest report
We have PDS cards and recharged via the chatel website, no probs and got the discount,followed by a confirmation email.good luck
snow report
Just got in with 2 hours to go and bought the passes for the Christmas trip.

Chatel website a bit clunky but it worked in the end! Just need a bit more snow now.
snow report
By the way - housemate just went to Morzine lift office. Got a full PDS season pass with discount (so EUR 686) by showing our rental/tenancy agreement. Result! Also 2 EUR extra for various days at other French resorts.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy