Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

ski boot query

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
soooo, I've had a pair of Nordica Olympia Sm8s from Ellis Brigham for a few years (6 maybe?) and been perfectly happy with them.

Earlier this year I had bunion surgery on both feet, so I'm expecting the feet & boots may not be such happy bedfellows now....
(havent explored yet)

sooo, the options could be new liners fitted to the new feet, or go for new boots??
I'm kinda thinking new boots (yep, I'm a magpie when it comes to clothes & shoes rolling eyes Very Happy )
I should say that I currently have some custom orthotics as I was experiencing pain under the ball of my foot (where the sesamoid bones were moved) and to help with the pronating I have.

if I go for newbies, any thoughts on suitable options for an intermidiot ??
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
boo22, Take yourself, and your boots to a good bootfitter. If you do search on Very Happy 's you'll find Solutions4feet in Bicester get recommended by just about everybody !
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Or look on the BSBA members list for an accreditied fitter near you.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
thanks- I kinda expected to be directed to a bootfitter, though as my current boots were fine, i wasnt sure that was needed.
Just a shame its a bit of a trek
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
boo22, Where are you located? I'm sure we can direct you to a good boot fitter reasonably close. Very Happy
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
geepee
South manchester Mad
Close to Ellis Brigham, snow and rock and chill factore
Very Happy
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Rivington Alpine seems to be the recommendation of choice for our part of the world (Although I'm happy with mine from EB in central Manc)
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Our brood have had 5 pairs from Rivington Alpine - my latest last year and the other half is due for new ones this season - and all have been A1, I'd always had issues with foot pain until my 1st pair from R.A. so wouldn't go anywhere else now.
they seem to be getting plenty of good shouts on here at the minute too.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy