Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Usually ski in austria, in search of new terrain for Xmas

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hello all,
We're headed to europe from NYC to ski this season and I need some assistance!
We normally go with extended family to Kitzbuhel in Jan/Feb due to the nice variety of terrain and lots to do for non-skiers and kids (and that picturesque village-feel).
This year it's just my husband and I (thank god). I am an intermediate and stick to the piste, he is very advanced and likes both on and off piste, both in our early 30s.

We're looking to do something different this year and since we are looking at the Christmas week, need higher altitue and more snow-sure. We've also been to Lech twice and liked it. (beautiful village, lots of terrain, superb snow). I've read up on Ischgl...any other thoughts? I know I need to book something soon because of the holiday (and so I can start obsessing over the snow reports and wigglies).

We'll fly in to Zurich. So any reccomendations in Switzerland or Austria would be appreciated. We normally hire a car. We're not huge into wild apres-ski but we're not dead yet either.

Thanks
Laura
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
lkeyes, Have you ever been to Zermatt? It's high, so snow sure, and I always say it's somewhere every skier should visit at least once in their skiing career. It's not cheap, but the skiing is very good, and of course you have the view of the Matterhorn, which must be the most photogenic mountain in the world in my view. It's car free (they have small electric taxis around town), so not much point in having a hire car this time as you can't drive into Zermatt (all cars have to be parked in the next village Täsch where you then take the train for the last few kms to Zermatt). Much easier to transfer by train from Zurich airport to Zermatt using the swiss transfer ticket (note this must be bought before arriving in Switzerland)

P.S If you like good food, Zermatt also has some of the best mountain restaurants of any ski resort.....

Last edited by Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person on Wed 25-09-13 19:24; edited 3 times in total
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
For something completely different you could add the Dolomites to your list and consider getting the train from Zurich to Bozen and a transfer from there instead of hiring a car. It may take a few hours but the Dolomites are staggeringly beautiful.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Great thanks for the help. I"ve skiied only in Austria for the past 8 years...so have no clue about any other region but these suggestions are helpful, thanks!
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy