Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ajother stupid question from Billy- what do ppl wear apres ski? A v neck and jeans wont cut it

Poster: A snowHead
Silly question guys

I'm in Canada for a month of snow action- and I doubt my standard British clothes will cope in the evenings/days off.

I'm honestly not that vain, and if I was just away for a week or two I wouldn't care, but for a month I don't kind buying a few warmer bits.

Anyone have any suggestions? Or does everyone just wear snow boots and their normal ski gear?? :s
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I'm in Canada for the season, and in my down time I wear........ Jeans, T-Shirt, Hoody and jacket. If your apres ski is all outdoors then yes, buy warmer stuff, but for in the pub? You're fine in your normal UK going out gear.

Or ask your mum.....
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Of course in Canada you will stick out if you don't replace all your clothes with check shirts and dungarees wink
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Quote:

I doubt my standard British clothes will cope in the evenings/days off

Why not? As far as I know they do have heating over there. Laughing
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
A trend I have noticed recently is the bobble hat and goggles, even after going home, cleaning up and eating and getting back out again Puzzled
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
In Canada, check shirt is "de rigueur" And start growing the beard, the patchier and more dodgy lookin the better wink
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I always wear a dinner jacket, and expect ladies to wear gloves and gowns. Awfully jolly.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Husqvarna braces too.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
kennyNI wrote:
And start growing the beard, the patchier and more dodgy lookin the better wink

But dye it auburn/ginger for that authentic colonial look.........

billy_boy_2010 your 'standard British clothes' will work just fine, mine always have. It's all about layers.

You won't want to be wearing much in most Canadian bars, they're some of the hottest places I've ever frequented. To and from is where the choices are important. Normally a thermal vest, tee, pullover, fleece, and denim is all I bother with, jeans, with maybe long johns if it's much below zero, beanie or even a baseball cap. Warm socks (even layered again) and good footwear I find as important as anything, concrete sidewalks are glacially cold.

Enjoy it.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
achilles, you jest, but... I once took my dinner suit to Whistler for a bit of a laugh. Shocked Wore it one night in the hotel bar and had a brilliantly sociable evening, quite a conversation starter. I was fighting them off. Well, compared to normal anyway. Embarassed Laughing

Have to admit that my normal rig for apres-ski is shirt, jumper, and moleskins. Much like my winter rig at home.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
skisimon, I remember visiting the Zermatterhof bar some years ago in the evening. Whilst we were welcome wearing smart casual, most of the male guests were wearing suits. Time moves on - maybe things have changed.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Quote:

I was fighting them off. Well, compared to normal anyway

Laughing
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Don't worry about the clothes, speak loudly. Everyone north of Mexico starts dripping like a f ucked fridge when they hear a Brit accent, as they should.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
For a month, you may wish to take the advice I got before doing a season: Buy yourself a massive thick coat with a hood from TKMaxx or wherever, and always use that around town instead of your ski jacket, which is likely to be more expensive, vital to your skiing/boarding, and quite likely to get nicked / left behind when you are, erm, "tired and emotional".

Added benefit of having an absolutely massively thick coat is that it makes going into warm snug bars a bit easier, since you can shed most of your insulation in one go Happy
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Glue the back end of a pig to the front of your trousers - oh sorry, that's Arkansas. No, use a caribou in this instance. Twisted Evil
snow report
Best to switch to Python "I`m a lumberjack" mode as you enter bars; you will earn much more respect that way. ( Whilst wearing your checked lumberjack shirt ) Twisted Evil
ski holidays
Quote:

your 'standard British clothes' will work just fine

Although you should bear in mind that a v-neck is not a good look on a man. Laughing
ski holidays
A thong will help you fit in with the locals! Madeye-Smiley
ski holidays
BCjohnny wrote:

No dye required for me Embarassed
snow conditions
this thread is yet another reason why i rarely look at snowheads anymore
ski holidays
skimottaret, Because you have moved on to more joys of essoterica? or because the OP is corrupted by ladies' front bottoms?

OP My friend says "just chuck the dinner jacket in the back of the Aston" but he is a Palace hotel man.

Club Med is quite smart in 4* adult and has a dress code suggestion, jackets and party frocks are worn by the chic.

Whistler was quite and very smart in some of the big hotels, a resturant was very chic to match the price but others a chineses where you paid for the weight of the meal was very relaxed. I always think who I am going to be with and who I would like to meet and take far too many things.
latest report
lol- ok thanks a lot guys brit clothing + a very warm coat it is! Smile
latest report
skimottaret, since the content is crystal clear from the thread title (well done billy_boy_2010) why did you open it? Confused
ski holidays
kennyNI wrote:
BCjohnny wrote:

No dye required for me Embarassed

Me neither......... Embarassed
ski holidays
Sarge wrote:
A trend I have noticed recently is the bobble hat and goggles, even after going home, cleaning up and eating and getting back out again Puzzled

Lol this made me chuckle. I'm not gunna lie, I have often done this!
snow report
stuarth, Laughing
ski holidays
If you are walking between bars a decent duvet jacket makes sense. I've walked on my own drunk for over a mile in -29C at night, not a time to get lost and only be wearing a thin jacket. Underneath just t shirt, fleece sweatshirt and jeans work fine.
latest report
If I talk about me then I used to cover myself full with warm clothes and jeans, trousers etc
If I feel very cold then I don't care what I would look like I used to wear everything until I feel warm Smile Smile sounds crazy isn't??
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
minnijackson, Welcome to snowHeads! snowHead

I guess there's not a great deal of skiing in your home state....? Toofy Grin
snow report
But there is for the nation from which the commercial url in the sig hails Wink
snow conditions