Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

SKI TRAVEL – Luggage – How to pack and pay

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Good little article here... for those who need to know... with Airline travel allowances.

http://www.mountainwatch.com/snow-news/21692802/TRAVEL--#8211;-Luggage--%238211;-How-to-pack-and-pay
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Cheers, some good tips at the top or for those flying to/from the USA. A good one I've found regarding space to to use things like ski and casual boots to as extra storage space. People leave them empty instead of stuffing them with socks etc.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
andersont,

Ski boots are for protecting schnapps bottles wink
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Or simply have someone drive your luggage over for you Toofy Grin
http://www.deliveriestothealps.co.uk/
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
musher, +1

A couple of pairs of ski boots is incredibly useful for keeping breakables safe from the chuckers. Perfect size for wine bottles too. Apparently.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Scarlet wrote:
musher, +1

A couple of pairs of ski boots is incredibly useful for keeping breakables safe from the chuckers. Perfect size for wine bottles too. Apparently.

Chucker is a euphenism when it comes to US luggage handlers.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
And UK ones too Sad
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Another article stating the bleedin' obvious to pimp a luggage manufacturer.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Does anyone know what is the lightest wheeled ski bag for two pairs of skis? Definitely not the Douchebag as propagandaed by the article?
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
spyderjon wrote:
Another article stating the bleedin' obvious to pimp a luggage manufacturer.

my thoughts exactly
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
This article may be 'bleedin obvious' to seasoned skiers, but I would have been grateful of it when starting out.

And yes it does mention Douchebags... but also recommends other manufacturers... Rip Curl, Patagonia, North Face etc.

We all know many Websites rely on product placement in articles... it's now the nature of the beast. The information provided between those placements, can however be interesting and helpful.

I'm just glad there is information out there, regardless of it's 'flaws', especially with such a minority sport.

I'm forever baffled by this forum because of the amount of negative pedantic comments.
Why bother going to the effort of posting if it's just throw away negative comments? Does it make you feel important and smug?... I just don't get it... Puzzled

It certainly makes me post less. I totally get the banter and heated debates... but some comments on here are just from people it seems who are only happy moaning. rolling eyes

They'd soon moan if there was no info out their. Sad
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
spud, It can be frustrating I agree but in fairness this is a generally courteous and reasonable place certainly compared to certain North American forums. I wonder why people who find things so beneath them bother posting except to assert their perceived wisdom.

I have a 2/ 3 ski roller bag from Snow and Rock which was much cheaper than the usual makes, is relatively inexpensive and fairly light.

I've not read the article yet but despite 35+ years skiing I'm always on the lookout for new tips. Old dogs simply must learn new tricks otherwise they grow boring and smelly!
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Quote:

This article may be 'bleedin obvious' to seasoned skiers, but I would have been grateful of it when starting out.

Really? Really? You needed to be told "roll your clothes so they take up less space"? Puzzled
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
spud, Fair point, sorry, I withdraw the propaganda remark - but was surprised that the article stated that Douchebag is one of the lightest bags on the market, when it weighs 3.7kgs as far as I know. It's a serious issue as Aer Lingus only allow 15kgs for your ski bag - so handy to save each and every kg. Still you are right on the negatitivity, so boo to me.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Dublinfella wrote:
spud, Fair point, sorry, I withdraw the propaganda remark - but was surprised that the article stated that Douchebag is one of the lightest bags on the market, when it weighs 3.7kgs as far as I know. It's a serious issue as Aer Lingus only allow 15kgs for your ski bag - so handy to save each and every kg. Still you are right on the negatitivity, so boo to me.

No worries mate... it's a catch 22 when it comes to transporting Skis these days isn't it.
You need something sturdy and preferably rigid in parts, with Wheels that will last and stitching that won't come undone.
However...that usually comes with the cost of extra weight in the bag itself.
The weight allowances in that article are quiet handy too.
I use a 'HEAD' Beast roller bag that fits everything in...it's huge...but quiet heavy.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy