Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

ALDI merino base layers

Poster: A snowHead
Not sure if it's of interest to anyone but aldi have merino base layers advertised on sale from Thursday.... They have both long sleeve crew style tops and bottoms and also a merino shirt for sale.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
do they come with a 4-rings logo
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Haha bloody Auto correct!

Is there a way to edit that title?
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
tomb wrote:
Is there a way to edit that title?

Yes, you just need some vorsprung durch techik
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Laughing Laughing Laughing
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
I've got some of the Aldi merino, and I've always been quite happy with it.

Although I did have to contend with the checkout assistant, who wasn't at all convinced that I knew what I was buying, and when I put through about 5 or so separate pieces, stressed four times "you do know that they are £15 EACH?". "Yes", says me, "that's fine" (I had to say that four times, too, and she still looked at me as though I was a pikey without a penny to my name... though to be fair I did have Mr P in tow).

Ms P.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Mistress Panda, Laughing
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Mistress Panda, love it, still laughing - and I'm a man ( who does the Aldi shop each week ) Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Vorsprung durch Tech-knit ?
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
DB, Laughing Laughing Laughing
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@DB Laughing Laughing Laughing
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@tomb
Yeay- thanks for the heads up!
why are the ladies in grotty grey though rolling eyes
has anyone tried the cycling compression base layers? as least they come in pink or white
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Devold merino on SportPursuit for around £20 atm too (and not just in grey wink ). Free shipping code here: http://www.mrdiscountcode.co.uk/sportpursuit.co.uk
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Woop woop. Got a top and bottom Smile
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
clarky999, They are shipping that Devold stuff free to the UK anyway. Top ordered this morning, Sweet Saviour pants a week or so ago Happy
snow conditions
Claude B, ah ok, wasn't free to Austria 'til I applied the code though!
snow report
boo22, my wife has the pink compression set which aldi also sell closer to the ski season and re-lable as ski base layers... She found them warm enough although this year we're skiing the first week of Feb in a high resort and I'm concerned it might be colder Shocked
snow conditions
boo22, my wife has the pink compression set which aldi also sell closer to the ski season and re-lable as ski base layers... She found them warm enough although this year we're skiing the first week of Feb in a high resort and I'm concerned it might be colder Shocked
latest report
Is the Devold stuff any good?
snow conditions
oh thanks tomb, off to rummage my local Aldi Smile
latest report
kitenski wrote:
Is the Devold stuff any good?

I've never seen it before, but being Scandinavian I assume so wink

Apparently they are Norways oldest wool/knitwear manufacturer, so they must have learned something in that time! Reading up on their products, the 'Active' line seems to be very similar to the Helly Hansen 'Warm' stuff - a mix between merino and synthetic. I found the Helly stuff great last season: warmer and far less smelly than their normal 'Lifa' stuff, more rugged and better wicking than pure merino. Hopefully the Devold stuff will be similar.
ski holidays
DB wrote:
Vorsprung durch Tech-knit ?

Belated Laughing Laughing Laughing

Did you understudy with geepee? Laughing
ski holidays
Just picked up one of these Devold's. 10% off with WEEKEND10 code.

Nice.
snow report
Must resist temptation ....
snow report
Just tried the weekend10 code I must be doing it wrong or its expired ?
ski holidays
I bought some of the Aldi ones today - ladies top and long johns, size M. Says on the pack that means 12 - 14 and I think that's about right. They are slightly loose on me but I think the S (8 - 10) might have been a bit tight, which I don't like. Yes, they are a rather dull grey but they do have pink stitching on the flat seams. wink A good buy, at the price.
latest report
I've worn the Aldi base layer for cycling, MTB and skiing. Although I have branded base layer I keep going back to my Aldi ones. The branded merino base layer long sleeve top and long trousers I bought from Go Outdoors for almost £90 were not as good or as warm as the merino base layer from Aldi. I was in temps below -10 at Christmas and my Aldi kit didn't let me down. I'm off to Finland in three weeks and I'm defo taking it with me but I'll be wearing both the compression and the merino together Laughing
snow conditions
Yep have been using the Aldi stuff everywhere from well over 3000m in the Alps to near enough sea level in Scotland, even for early spring offshore yacht racing, like @CherylB I have branded ones but still keep going back to the Aldi ones
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy