Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Mumsnet Neilson Discount Code

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Anyone used the 10% discount code on the Mumsnet websibe with any success? It is MUMS12

It is still listed on their website and you do not appear to need to be a member of anything.

Was just about to become a member of the Ski Club as theiy provide a similar discount but that will cost me £50 to join and to be honest that would be the only reason I was joining.

Just about to book a circ £5000 holiday with Neilson and a 10% discount would just bring the resort/hotel we really want rather than the one we can afford within budget.

Thanks

Rob
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
RobWa, why not just go through the booking till the payment stage then see if it accepts the code? If it doesn't you'll just get an error message and you can abandon the booking
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
then swap the 12 for a 13 and try again Wink
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
or even 14 wink
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I tried last night and went through all the stages including names, ages, d.o.b etc and onto the payment page and still did not see a box for discount codes. I may very well have missed it though as it was a bit late Smile

I need to call them anyway as one of the rooms I want was not listed (double room) but unfortuntely their call centre was shut by the time I got time to look last night so I guess I'll ask that as my first question. Don't want to go all through the booking over the phone only to find the code does not work and then have to go away, join the ski club and then ring back the next night.

I guess I am coming across as a bit tight financially but as I say the 10% is the difference between the hoilday we would like and the one we can afford Embarassed

Rob
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
It is not a great user interface thats for sure.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I assume the mumsnet and SH code are one and the same Toofy Grin
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
It works Little Angel
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Well done RobWa, But what is the code that worked?
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
boredsurfin wrote:
Well done RobWa, But what is the code that worked?

It's MUMS12

You have to call them as you cannot add discount codes on their site and only covers accom/flights and not any extras such the ski packages we purchased.

Ended up saving another £200 on top of the saving I would have got for booking online so not a fortune but enough to make affordable for us.

I know I could have got it cheaper if I DIYed it but good for us lazy people who like to use tour operators for the whole package. Its odd because I don't think I have bought a package holiday for any summer or short breaks in the last 10 years or so but somehow have convinced myself that I need to for ski holidays Puzzled Next year maybe I will try to sort it myself.

Rob
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
RobWa wrote:
[ Its odd because I don't think I have bought a package holiday for any summer or short breaks in the last 10 years or so but somehow have convinced myself that I need to for ski holidays

I know what you mean. It's the transfer I'm wary about. Breaking down in a hire car in the middle of nowhere in summer is inconvenient but tolerable. In winter, in a freezing, howling, snowy gale with a dicky phone signal and nothing in sight it's another thing altogether! Evil or Very Mad
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I used the MUMSNET code on my holiday this xmas and got £75 off... the way i look at it thats an evening meal out so all good news. Agreed could of been cheaper if i had DIY, but realistically juggling and everything else in life will or would result in a crash and tears, so we opted for a Neilson jobbie... Next year we will DIY but will plan far more in advance.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Quote:

nothing in sight

if people are travelling on busy weeks the chance of being anywhere with "nothing in sight" is slim. wink
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
pam w, and if they're not travelling on a busy week. And they've come in on a late afternoon flight, which was delayed. And if they've broken down already and waited over 2 hours for the breakdown people who, eventually got them going, but not for very long. And it's now very late in the evening. And when they finally get rescued they can't do anything because it's a weekend and all garages are closed on a Sunday so they end up in the French equivalent of the Addams Family hotel which is where they are taken by the breakdown man who speaks no English (I know, why should he?). And that's before they got another car provided to finally get them there. And then someone crashed into that one! Just remembering that holiday, I don't know whether to Laughing or Crying or Very sad .

We now go on ski holidays with TO or book a recognised transfer company.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy