Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

EK & 3V Day Trips

Poster: A snowHead
Hi All,

Im off to do my season in Les Arcs this year, we have a chalet for the season below Arc 1600. We were planning on doing a number of away days and wondering if there is anywhere good (and more importantly free) to dump the car at Val d's/Tignes/Courchevel etc?

Also, if there are any good places other than 3V & EK suggestions are very much welcome!

Cheers
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
OK my information may be a little out of date, but IIRC there is free parking by lift Courchevel 1300. I have used the covered car park in Tignes Le Lac before and it doesn't cost too much for a single day.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Free parking down at tignes le brevieres IIRC
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
A few trips to La Rosiere and over to La Thuile are a must. You can get a bus I think.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
La Tania has free parking (parking du Saz) and its just off the red run that runs down to the lift.

Agree with Frosty the Snowman, a trip to La Rosiere and ski to Italy for a pizza, then sit on the boarder and have random drinks.

Val Morel is quite quirky, I keep meaning to go around to Prolagnon for the day too.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Quote:

I keep meaning to go around to Prolagnon for the day too.

Me to. It looks great in the summer
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Have a mouch round this brochure - it'll give you a good idea:
http://smbt.g-r-c.fr/userfile/file/1345470285_Guide_Station_BAT4-optimise.pdf

For parking, I'd suggest you just pick the lowest entry into the resort and have a look round.

Oh, and I think it's Pralognan - gateway to the Vanoise.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
There is a large, free car park in Couchevel le Praz, you can easily ski down to the main ticket office and lifts from there. You can ski back to the car park at the end of the day via the red run from Courchevel 1850.

If you are planning to go to Pralognan don't leave it until late in the season. We went there in early April and the conditions were poor, January or February are probably the best months to give it a go.
It's also a lot easier to spell than pronounce correctly, no matter how you say the name to somebody French they will always correct you.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
SnowRetreat wrote:
then sit on the boarder and have random drinks

Very Happy Very Happy
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Thanks everybody for your replies, certainly a lot of good options available! Hadn't even considered Pralognan, will need to hit it early in the season mind you!

Cheers
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
St Foye is definitely worth a trip. Especially if weather high up is closed-in or windy. Plenty of tree lined runs. Only about 20 mins drive from Bourg St M.
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Good thread, I'll be in Peisey for the winter and also wanting to drive to some local resorts, good to have some ideas about free parking!

I was wondering which will be quicker; driving to brides le bain (can you park there?) and catch the gondola, or drive up to one of the lower resorts of the 3V?
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
ArseCaptain, It is quicker to drive from Brides les Bains to Meribel than to get the gondola, you may get through a fair bit of fuel though if you are in a hurry. You can park for free on the right just before the sports centre in Meribel.

Plenty of free parking in Mottaret and Les Menuires too.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Ste Foy is crap don't go there !
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Rob Mackley wrote:
Ste Foy is crap don't go there !

So true. Rubbish hill. No interesting skiing or easily accessible off piste. Full of lager louts. Best that people stay away, I think.
snow report
If you drive to Tignes Val Claret and use your Paradiski season pass for a free pass at Espace Killy (get the voucher you need from Paradiski before you leave) you get free parking in the main VC car park for one day.
ski holidays
Seriously with a Les Arcs season ticket you get free days in Tignes/ val , free parking at Le brev and its a great access point , Ste Foy for a day also free parking . Don't know if you can get a free day at La Rosiere but free parking available the chair from Just above Seez is a great starting point also .
snow report
Can you not also get free pass at 3V too with your Paradiski season pass?
snow report
Fishmongatti wrote:
Can you not also get free pass at 3V too with your Paradiski season pass?

Yes. 2 days per season in 3V, 2 days per season in Espace Killy. Just make sure you get that voucher; despite living in an electronic world of lift passes, the need to stamp a paper voucher is still prevalent (or at least it was the season before last, when I last worked seasons in the Tarentaise).

Last edited by You need to Login to know who's really who. on Wed 25-09-13 22:28; edited 1 time in total
snow report
An despite the Ste. Foy selfish bugs telling you to stay away....!! Head to Super U in BSM and the receipt usually has a voucher on the back for money off a day pass.
snow report
Presumably you grab this 'voucher' from any of the ticket offices @ LA or LP?
snow report
Yes. In fact I think you might get it when you actually buy your season pass.
ski holidays
SnowRetreat wrote:
La Tania has free parking (parking du Saz) and its just off the red run that runs down to the lift.

Agree with Frosty the Snowman, a trip to La Rosiere and ski to Italy for a pizza, then sit on the boarder and have random drinks.

Val Morel is quite quirky, I keep meaning to go around to Prolagnon for the day too.

Shocked is that obligatory now then?, to sit on them as well as just diss them?? Very Happy Very Happy
ski holidays
If its snowing you may have to put chains on to drive up to Meribel from Brides. If you don't want to drive up there is a free covered car park in the centre of Brides - turn left just after the main square and entrance on the right. Good place to leave the car and only 5 mins walk to the gondola. Check that you catch the last gondola back down as buses are expensive and don't run late. (last gondola 5pm early season and 5.30 after Feb) Taxi back down very expensive!!
It is only about 5 mins quicker to drive to Meribel than go on the gondola and will cost quite a bit of fuel.
snow report
For Tignes, as well as the free parking at Val Claret (in the main outdoor car park) for day ticket holders; and free parking at Les Brevieres; there is also free parking at Tignes 1800 (formerly Tignes Les Boisses).

Immediately after crossing the dam, go right at the roundabout; turn left behind the bus shelter; follow the road round past the (current building site that is) the new apartment buildings; first right and down the hill to the car park.

It's great for acces to the Les Boisses Gondola, which is right next to the car park BUT (since all the building works started on the new apartments) there's seemingly nowhere at Les Boisses/Tignes 1800 to buy a lift ticket. However, you can ski down to Les Brevieres and buy a ticket at the gondola station there.

For Val D'Isere: There's free parking next to the cable car station at Le Fornet - though it can be full.
latest report
Iskar..
I had to read my own sentence a couple of times before I got it.. doh Embarassed
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy