Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

4 day trip without car hire, resort and accommodation recommendations please?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Having never arranged a short trip before I'm looking for some advice. Myself and girlfriend are trying to squeeze in a short break from 21st to 26th February 2014 but we'd ideally like to try to avoid hiring a car to keep the costs down which is already looking difficult at the time of year that we want to go! I'm thinking of getting into Geneva or Zurich and then going from there by either train or transfer bus to resort.

Do you have any resort or accommodation ideas or just tips that make a short break cost effective? Resort wise we don't need a huge resort, in fact quieter will probably be better; my partner is still improving her skiing so massive amounts of terrain or harder runs aren't really required for her and I'll just be happy getting away to the mountains to ski for a long weekend.

Thanks in advance
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Will77, you need to be aware that your dates are the end of the main HT week for the UK and parts of France, so you're unlikely to find accommodation (at this stage anyway) willing to take a short break. If you can change your dates that would probably be better and cheaper
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Will77, have you thought of basing yourself in Innsbruck? Being a town it'll be much easier to book a short break and Innsbruck itself has some ski areas and other bigger ones are easily reached by direct train for example St. Anton.

There are also free skibuses connecting directly to resorts such Kuehtai or the Stubai Glacier.

I'm sure some of the people actually based there can probably go into more detail!

Plus Innsbruck is a really lovely town!
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Will77, Innsbruck sounds a good idea; I certainly wouldn't head to anywhere in France at that point if you're looking for "quiet".
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Sauze d'Oulx in the La Torre. Flights to Turin, an hour transfer and flexible accommodation as they book by the night.

Good ski school for your OH and your £ goes further than in France.

We did what you describe in Jan this year, worked perfectly.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
If you could delay by one day, Mountainsun have 3 nights catered and including Geneva transfers and full Paradiski lift passes for £299 on 22nd Feb in Les Coches. They will also allow you to add extra days on. Evolution2 is a good ski school for your OH, based in Montchavin.

http://www.mountainsunltd.com/chalet/chalet-melezes-and-mazot/availability
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Will77, as schneeflocke says, hard to beat Innsbruck and surrounding resorts for what you're after. Try expedia and select flight and hotel option.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Hi Will - have you seen the SkiRail Map of the Alps? It's perfect for planning car-free ski trips.
You can see the French/Swiss area immediately to the east of Geneva here http://rogerlascellesmaps.co.uk/SkiRail_Product_Information.aspx?area=SkiRail_Product_Information
I would also vote Innsbruck. Went there for the first time four years ago and have now made 8 trips.
It's a perfect place for a short trip. Easy transfer, lovely and cheap place to stay, tons of diverse skiing options, some of which are accessible by tram!
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy