Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Avalanche Escape Julien Lopez

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Video of Julian Lopez in massive avalanche, from the reports it looks like he pulled his airbag after he was hit which helped! or so he says, but it has to be said should he have been riding that slope at all without checking it out more, the way the slope went and also the second fracture later in the video does suggest a very weak layer?

Was he lucky? or just plain stupid ?

http://youtube.com/v/mOvBVmQrexM
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Wow.

At about 1:21 it looks like he realizes he can't ski out to his right so he points it from there. That takes some guts, even if you know you are doomed anyway. When he gets hit it looks like he put his hands up to his face to protect himself rather than trying to out run it a second time, that requires some nerves to think of too. Was that the point when he pulled his airbag? It looked like he didn't pull it at first when he tried to outrun it.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
The interesting thing about this video is that he almost out runs it...
Given the quality of the footage they were clearing filming for some kind of movie.
My guess is that he knew it would rip - but maybe not so big....
If he had escaped would we all be whooping, cheering and slapping him on the back for a rad run ?

5 minutes under the snow is a long time.
He was lucky (and says so himself in french)
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Looking at the wide expanse of the avalanche and uniform height of the crown wall it seems obvious that a test pit would have shown the slope was about to go. It seems to me that the whole point of the exercise was to get some rad footage of outrunning an avalanche (hence no attempt to pull the cord when it goes). Almost got away with it but for a snow snake where the angle eases. After he stops tomahawking he looks too disorientated to realise what's happening to pull the cord in time. A film stunt that went wrong
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Not so sure they were aiming for that result myself, him trying to outrun it hardly means it was deliberate maybe he has thought about this scenario before and reckoned it was worth a shot, unlucky not to stay on his feet but yea very lucky after that the snow hit him so quick there may not have been a chance to pull the cord.
One thing i'm sure of is we will see more of these and a few dead skiiers
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Very lucky and quite unfortunate to bury a tip after being knocked off balance. Looks like a pretty huge crown!
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Shocked Were his legs intact after that?
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
He must be a bit gutted that he crashed after skiing out of it and then got taken down...

5 mins is pretty good for getting dug out. I'd be happy with that...

Hope he had a spare canister with him so he could carry on skiing!
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Quote:

Hope he had a spare canister with him so he could carry on skiing!

From the way he was talking in the chopper, he had no particular wish to carry on skiing that day!
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Blog linky found on TGR:
http://domdaherblog.tumblr.com/post/48192760270/dont-push-too-much

Last photo is stunning if terrifying.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Looks like he could have outrun it
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy