Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Hello I need help to choose place in Austria

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
After searching in the net for place for all family (two young kids 3 y/o and 6 y/o) and for me and my wife also (I like steep slopes and off-piste) the places That I thinking about are Ski-Welt, Saalbach-Hinterglemm, Fiss, Kitzbuhel, Schladming. I'll be happy for suggestions what place could be better.
Thanks
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Not much in the way of real steeps in the SKiWelt, but what there is is pretty damn gnarly. Or do you mean steep pistes rather than steep offpiste? Saalbach would give you a good mix of everything (though again there sin't much genuinely steep offpiste), SkiWelt decent offpiste is harder to find and requires some exploration, Fiss is supposed to be excellent for families and has a rep for good offpiste (though I've never skied there). I don't think Kitz is any better than Saalbach/SkiWelt (maybe more obvious offpiste though) but will cost you more. Presumably waynos will be along soon to tell you about Schladming; I know nothing about the place.

You could also look into Ischgl, great skiing for all levels, but not cheap (probs not more expensive than Kitz though?), and the home run at the end of the day may be a bit crowded for your kids.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thank you clarky999 for your detailed answer flow this I try to find a place in Fiss or Ischgl, by the way for me the best is steep off-piste, but alone is no really possible, so I try to find nice thing near the slopes.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I don't think Kitzbuhel has much steep skiing (though see the thread in Off-piste).
The obvious place which is famous for off piste steeps in Austria is St Anton, of course. Is there a reason you didn't include it? They have ordinary pistes too. You could join a group from Piste to Powder to ski it (though they are quite expensive, it is much cheaper than hiring a guide on your own).
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
basically this year I'll go for two weeks one for mainly off-piste and one with the family, and I know that St Anton supposed to be very good. for the family I think is the best place a bit more quiet like Fiss, , by the way it's very difficult to find a place in St Anton for the new year, Ischgl could be a reasonable alternative ?
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
In my experience, with small kids it's better to have snow at resort level. So places like Serfaus (better than Fiss for smaller kids) and St Anton (if the kids are in the snow garden, it doesn't matter that the piste above is steep an moguled, and you have the Rendel area for mellow skiing) . Also, when going with the whole family, you can really go away "exploring" for the day. You get on the mountain later and many times you have/want to come down for lunch, earlier etc. So an area at the base of a larger mountain is better than a spread out area like the Ski Welt.
I don't find Ischgl appealing with kids, the place is centered on german couples in their 40-50-60's, and too expensive for what it is (even if it gets lots of snow, the lifts are v/ good and the mountain is quite steep). Serfaus, St Anton, Saalbach, Schladming would be my on my list, in that order. Also, you don't write about your wife's skiing level and what are your child-minding plans
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
For the kid 6 y/o he will go to ski school, he was did it last year in Kaprun and it was very good experience, my young daughter 3 y/o she will be with her grandmother, my wife she is in a medium level and for here it was also ok, for me it was interesting the place with a special area off-pist but to find fresh snow it's very difficult, the structure of the station is strange it start very high but is not possible to get the bottom, so in the end there isn't very long tracks, so I think is very good place for the end of the season, but for middle of the season I think there is better options.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
If you are to head to Saalbach you can get some great off-piste and is very family friendly, honestly though Hinterglemm is probably better for families, some lovely hotels and there is a Family hotel called the Ellmauhof which i used to rep. They have horse riding for the kids and nanny's on hand all week when you want some time to yourself. I think Neilson are the only TO that use this hotel.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Kappl is a great family destination. Ischgl just a short bus trip away
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
St Anton is supposed to be amazing, I've heard that's definitely the place to go in Austria. Very Happy
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Hello
first thanks for all comments it's make the life a bit more easy Smile in the end I was found hotel in Schladming, there is free cancellation up to 7 days before. The hotel name is "JUFA Schladming" is look nice, not too expensive, if somebody have experience with this place I'll be happy to reviews for vacation with young kids.
Thank you
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy