Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Italy for Xmas/New year

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Right then people, it's been a long time but I'm back(ish)!

Looking to plan a trip over the xmas/new year break as me and a couple of mate have to a few days off from work (xmas closedown) and unfortunately thats about all the time off we can get at the minute.

Thinking of going to Italy, around the Aosta Valley and doing a bit of a recce for a summer mountaineering trip at the same time as skiing.
Any suggestions for a fairly cheap trip at that time??
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
If you have spare places shout!
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Hi - which resorts are you looking at? My buddy swears by Cogne for winter climbing but not sure about summer. I've always found Monterosa to be at the more expensive end (via TO's) whereas La Thuile is much cheaper in the Planibel apartment complex - the apartments are pretty good (compared to France) and you can live pretty cheaply (but there are not too many options in the evening). I know this doesn't help much but not too sure where you want to be based - John
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Singlesport is in Deux Alpes for Xmas but on Jan 4th we are in Colfosco & on April 6th Cervinia with Italian guides---Hope one of those trips might be of interest---even if not email me & I can put you in touch with our Italian instructor who may be able to help--cheers Ruth
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
skigirl21, 2 questions for you:
Since when was Deux Alpes in Italy?
When did you last post anything that wasn't desperately pimping your singles club for laydeez past a certain age?

Mods, 4 pimps in 5 minutes, surely this bint is taking the proverbial?
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
The instructor we use in Colfosco & Cervinia which are both in Italy is a 30 year old Italian who might be able to advise re climbing and i was offering to put him in touch whether or not Crazy Climber was interested in our trips.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Quote:

i was offering to put him in touch whether or not Crazy Climber was interested in our trips.

Bulls hit!
That would be "I know an instructor in Cervinia who could advise you. Let me know if you would like his details" and would be you not pimping your singles club business.
Can you see the difference between that and what you wrote?
The guy asked about Christmas in Aosta, Italy.
Deux Alpes isn't in Italy. Colfosco is nowhere near Aosta. Xmas isn't in April. You FAIL x 3.
There are others who pimp their poo-poo on here but at least they bother to talk about other stuff sometimes.

I don't know why the mods here let you get away with it.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Heya,

My name is Benjamin. 28, long time skier, good on piste and working on my off piste.

I skiid at new year last year in Aosta Valley and loved it. Can really recommend it having skiid in France, Austria and Slovenia many times.

I enjoy the skiing but also like a good drink and food in the evening, and the nye party i went to in Aosta last year was pretty awesome.

Let me know if you decide to go and want to grow the group a little. (p.s if you like climbing there is a small bouldering wall near where i stayed last time and wouldnt mind hitting it again whist there one evening. I climb a fair bit too.).

Ta,

Ben
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Have a look at Livigno - it is pretty high so will be snow sure around Christmas time. It is tax free so once in resort a lot of things are cheaper than elsewhere. Only downside is that its a 4-5 hour transfer from Milan or 3.5 from Innsbruck. Most TOs go there and you should be able to pick up a reasonable package for a short break.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy