Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Central Hokkaido, Japan 2013/14

Poster: A snowHead
Great pics.

Friday sounds great.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Yep, today got a bit silly! Gaper day at Sapporo Teine

Gaper Day @ Teine from Andy Evans
http://vimeo.com/89699818

The snow was pounding down as we left this afternoon. Tomorrow a much more sensible attitude will be maintained, and a decent powder day should be on the cards!
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Brilliant.

Ouch to the scorpion.

Wow to the chopstick flick.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Back to being sensible today at Teine! Great snow, as expected. We were lapping the bowls and as per usual at Teine, we weren't disappointed and got untracked deep powder all day.

Snow coming down hard as we head out along the ridgeline to bowl 6/7

Decent snow

Probably will be Mount Racey tomorrow, but the temperatures look like they're on the way up so it might get a bit slushy. Could well be a park day.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Real change of scene today! A sunny park day at Mount Racey. Snow was still in good condition and there was still the odd flurry coming down in the morning.

Fun wallride feature

Flat bar

It looks like spring will really arrive this week. Lots of sunshine and warm weather in the forecast.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
It's been really warm and sunny this week. Lots of blue skies and double digit temperatures. We had a fun weekend at Mount Racey, which closed for the season today. Saturday was a beautiful day, the snow was quite slushy so we lapped the park.

Great weather
Untitled

Park jumps
Untitled

Follow cam
Untitled

Today wasn't so great... It was raining all day, so the snow was very slow and it wasn't much fun being on the hill. Alot of bare patches were showing, so we didn't ski for long. I did get the chance to ski this gnarly line that I've been eyeing up all season....

Untitled

Mount Racey is quite a low lying hill, so the snow elsewhere is holding up alot better. There should still be ski areas open for another 5 or 6 weeks. The forecast looks not too bad for later this week. Hopefully we should have some fresh snow up top at Teine for next weekend.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Ha ha. In training for the Brecon Beacons?

You get a new camera? Pics have improved dramatically the past month.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Yep, got a new Lumix a while ago. Thanks!

Forecast is looking pretty good for the coming weekend...
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
We had a big wintery storm over the weekend, with high winds, cold temperatures, but most importantly, snow! By Sunday, the wind had mellowed out and Sapporo Teine had got a decent cover of fresh snow. It was very windblown up top, but lower down in the gullies and the trees, it was awesome for April. Not many photos as we were too busy making the most of the snow!

It's unlikely that we'll get too many more days like this. From now on it'll be park sessions and touring on the higher mountains.

snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
nice.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
More snow this morning. Quite sleety and wet at sea level, but it's snow. Should be nice up in the hills.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Good to know. Thanks.

Raining at MQ in Higashiyama.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
And some more came down overnight!

Untitled
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Beautiful day up at Sapporo Teine today. The snow that fell in the week was still untouched in most places, so it made for really enjoyable spring skiing. The weather and views were great too.

Looking south from the top we could see the summit of Yotei poking out from behind Tenguyama
P1040027

In the bowls the snow was still very decent
P1040088

Great day for photos
P1040055

Late afternoon sunlight
IMG_5034

Cracking day for mid April. There's still a decent snowpack in the hills, so we should be good for another few weeks of lift served skiing.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Yep.

Sunday was my last day.

Enjoy the spring season.
ski holidays
Really warm here recently. Stunning sunny weather and temperatures in the low 20s this weekend! There's still skiing at a few ski areas for another couple of weeks, but the snow is melting rapidly with the warm weather.

Just posting a video my mate put together when he came to visit for a few days back in late March:

Hokkaido Sessions from sam brotherwood
https://vimeo.com/92910740
latest report
MagSeven, Cracking vid - very atmospheric in black and white, sent it on to some friends who where out there in February.
snow report
Thanks very much snowbandit!
snow conditions
It was really warm today, touching 20 degrees even in the hills. We went up to Nakayama Touge for a spring park session to make the most of the rapidly melting snow.

Dirty snow and park jumps. Good times.

Keeping it real like Jonny Mosely circa 1994.

Mount Yotei in the distance through the heat haze

That's probably it for lift accessed skiing now. Finishing it off where it started back in November. It's the Golden Week holidays coming up, so we're off to a beach somewhere hot. We might get a day or two after the holidays, if anything is open. If not, we should get a few days touring in through May and into June.
snow report
+1 to the B&W in the vid.

Keep it going MagSeven Smile

Longest streak I had on Hokkaido was Nov - August Smile
ski holidays
I did July a few years back! See what happens this year....
ski holidays
I've just put this video link up in The Piste, but since it is a Hokkaido Story I'll put it he and in Mike Pow's thread too.

http://youtube.com/v/xYZC8eswpCw
latest report
We had snow yesterday up in Northern Hokkaido. But just cold wet rain down here in Central. I was thinking about heading up to Nakayama Touge for one last park session, but looking at the webcam, it looked pretty unpleasant, and not worth the trip

We were down at Lake Toya today for a 10km race. Looking at Yotei and over to Niseko there was still a bit of snow still around.

Yotei on the right in cloud, Niseko in the distance

The Niseko range

The weather was really warm through the latter part of April, so alot of snow has melted higher up. There's still potential for some spring touring, but the weekends are starting to fill up with other cycling/hiking/camping type things, so that may well be it for the ski season.

Only six months till the next one starts....
latest report
Little season edit from my friend Dan. It's a general Hokkaido winter video rather than a ski specific action edit. (Sorry about the Coldplay!)

Winter Life in Hokkaido 2014 from Daniel Andrews
https://vimeo.com/96062050
snow report
MagSeven, Tempting, so very tempting. Thanks for posting.
snow report
Anyone know of central lost and found point in Hirafu? Holding out a 1 in a 10000 chance that my ski I lost in Jan in pow may have been turned in.....
latest report
BMG, did you make a post on here earlier in the year about your lost ski? I was trying to find the post, but couldn't. I'm probably going to be hiking in the Niseko area next weekend, so had thought I'd go and have a search. (But didn't have any luck finding the thread with the coordinates you posted!)
snow report
Actually cracked and succumbed to the temptation of seeing this every day from my balcony!

IMG_4328

Muine-yama is 1460m tall, and holds alot of snow well into the spring. We had a clear weather day, so decided to head down to Jozankei, and hike it with skis and snowboards. It's a beautiful hike with views of Yotei, Niseko, round towards Otaru and Yoichidake, and back over Sapporo.

Yotei
P1040663

The aerials on top of Sapporo Teine
P1040676

Panorama of the hike up. We were on snow not far from the trailhead. I was skinning and these guys wished they had splitboards!
P1040668

We did a few runs up there and got some very pleasant lines on decent spring corn.
P1040685

P1040687

Probably the last jump of the year!
AirServer-5.0.3-5

A great day, glad we made the trip down. Might well do another couple of days skiing in the Niseko area next weekend....

Last edited by So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much on Mon 14-07-14 2:15; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
MagSeven, looks great!
snow conditions
Reckon that's it for the season now. We were down in Niseko at the weekend, and while there were still a few decent patches of snow to ski, it's getting less and less worth skiing them. The weather is really warm and forecast to continue, so it's definitely hiking, camping and cycling season. See you next year!

IMG_5154
ski holidays
Beautiful
snow report
Mike Pow, isnt' it?! I just love that photo. Very Happy
ski holidays
+1, amazing!
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy