Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Est binding set up - this hasn't been answered yet I believe

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Ok, so having got the custom board and Malavita bindings this winter (2season old board for a bargain new Smile ) I'm wondering about the set up.

Now I've done all the reading, and understand everything, but here is the funny thing...

With the footbed being extendable, you effectively move the center point of the binding further from the heel cup...so now, when you center the binding on the red indicator line to show center on the board, you are in fact nearer the toe edge with you toe, than you are to the heel edge with your heel.

What to do?.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
just get the over hang the same on both edges then your good to go Smile (or what ever is comfortable, you might carve harder on one edge than the other...no right and wrong way of doing it, not unless your looking for technical efficiency...in which case you need hard boots or ski's Wink)
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
by extendable footbed, do you mean the adjustable 'gas pedal' ie that bit under the toe ? If so set it to match in with the curve of your boot.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
dennisp, if it's just the toe ramp that's moving remember you're not moving the binding, the boot or your leg relative to the board.........
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
ah, but here is the key. The center point is based on the heel and toe distance from the edge no?? in which case, by moving the 'gas pedal' outwards, if you keep the boot centered, you are creating a toe bias in terms of effective pressure are you not?

My thought was to set the bindings to 0 degrees, make the toe and heel edge distance the same, and mark this as the new center for the binding, and set this. however, once on an angle, does it reflect correctly or not anyway?
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Burn this EST junk and go and get something decent.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
When I got my first board set up the guy put the bindings on, got me to strap in and put the board up on its edges on the carpet in the shop. He then asked me if either edge was 'easier' to achieve and adjusted accordingly, making them feel the 'same'. This made sense to me and is how I've been doing it ever since.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
set the gas pedal to match your boot, then as eddie above says, make sure the toe and heel overhang of the boot on the board are about equal when the boot is fastened in the binding. It's not so much about centre-ing the binding but the boot being able to apply approx equal pressure to heel and toe edge. The gas pedal thing, i don't really understand but i think it allows a little more toe pressure to be applied to the toe edge as it moulds more to the curve of the boot.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Remember when extending the gas pedal this only makes the footbed you stand on longer, so your toes have better contact with the binding to enable more pressure on toe side turns.
The binding and highback will still be in the same place and it's this that is the reference point.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy