Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

St Anton - April - help required

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi Chaps

I know there is loads of St Anton fanatics on the site.

I have sorted flights for a mixed group of adults, kids etc for April next year.

Just working on Accom in the town. Looking around the best value (*cough, cough ... cheapest) apartments appear to be in the "Stadle" area.

There is a few on the "gastiweg" road area other than that I am looking at St Jakob

Its a funny old group because we've got a mix of hardcore apres fans and then there is my family and kids to boot.

Are the areas I've mentioned going to be easy for getting up the slopes on a morning, have a few beers at the end of the day and still allow the boozehounds to get back out on a night?

Many thanks for reading and even more for any top replies!

Matt
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Mattmulkeen, Not sure where the Stadle area is, St Jakob should be ok though. The busses run really regularly in the mornings and around when the lifts shut, so no problem at all for skiing. It's been a while but if you want to really get into the apres, I think there's a bit of a gap in the bus timetable between the end of the skiing day (5-6pm? You'll have to check the timetable unless anyone else knows for sure) and the night services starting, and the night services don't run past 1 or 2am (IIRC). However, taxis aren't that expensive if you have a group, and St Jakob is within staggering distance of St Anton - roughly 30 min walk (can often pole/skate along on skis too, there's a path going through fields/etc rather than along the road) which is fine with a beer blanket on. If you want even more budget check out Pettneu, all the above applies but it's a 1 hour walk (from Pettneu to Bar Cuba at the bottom of the main St Anton street), so walking back at night probably isn't an option.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thanks clarky999,

Staggering distance sounds promising.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Gastigweg is about 10 minutes' walk from the Galzig gondola and the resort centre, but it's up the hill when you return. Great for getting / staying in shape, slightly tiring to get back to at the end of the day and particularly tough to get back at the end of the night (still, good for partial sobering up). I stayed there with my parents and (then) 10 year old son and it was fine.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I think the Stadle Area is near Rendl which is a bit out in the sticks

http://at.webcams.travel/webcam/1192320123-Wetter-Rendl-St.-Anton-am-Arlberg-Stadle
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Hmmm ...

Sometimes its better to be a definite bus/ taxi trip than that awkward 5 minute uphill walk Smile

I suspected stadle may be a bit quieter as the apartments deffo seem cheaper there.

thanks for the input!
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
DB wrote:
I think the Stadle Area is near Rendl which is a bit out in the sticks

http://at.webcams.travel/webcam/1192320123-Wetter-Rendl-St.-Anton-am-Arlberg-Stadle

You mean up the main road out the village past Rendl? If so, that's where the ski instructor accommodation (and Scott Dunn and some Powder White, amongst others) is too - 5 min walk down the hill into town, 10 mins back up. Definitely preferable IMO to the walk to St Jakob, and the taxis are cheaper! Also on the bus route to get to/from the lifts, though you can also ski/pole/walk from near the back of the Mooserwirt.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Hi There...........St Jakob is the other side Nasserein, and is a bus ride away. Stadle is right at the top of the Alte Arlberg strasse (up a huge hill) and is a bus ride away. And Gastiweg is a long uphill walk at the end of the day. There are a lot of guest houses near the church, which are a reasonable price, I would try them. The other bit of information you might find useful is that a lot of the Apres ski closes down at the end of March (Heustadl, Picadily, Kandahar etc), but the Mooserwirt is still open.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Mattmulkeen, you'd be best in town with your list of requirements, plenty of cheaper places about. You'll get fixed up no prob for 40€pppn b&b, try Haus Elisabeth, google it and fire off an email. Bars will be open until Easter btw, then it quietens down.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Thanks again

clarky999, looks like i need to either change my search or taxi up Very Happy

Markymark29, I have a quote from Haus Elisabeth - so I'll give it a good look.

xscreamer, didn't think anywhere in St Anton would close quite so early. So thats a bit concerning. That said, we've done the same week in Solden and Obertauern the last two years and everywhere has still been open. In Obertauern we caught a lot of closing parties too so they were good.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Mattmulkeen, I used to stay in Haus Elisabeth as a SCGB rep - a bit of a trek up and down the the hill to get there from the slopes each time, esp if carrying skis etc, but very clean and friendly and a good breakfast. Bear in mind that they only do B&B, so no evening meal provided.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy