Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

"I have a five year plan"....

Poster: A snowHead
Touchguru, Hi Mike,

Firstly, I would like to congratulate you on your achievements. I thoroughly enjoyed watching your progression throughout the video, and I'm sure your journey will motivate and inspire Skiers to achieve their goals.

My name is Jessica Smyth, and I am a student placement working for BASI in the Membership and Marketing department, in Grantown-On-Spey.

BASI would love to do a story profile on you in the next BASI News 113 (spring 2014) If you are interested, please get in contact: jessica@basi.org.uk
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Cool.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thank you for your kind words Jessica Smyth

My progress being featured in the next BASI News is completely unexpected (and really quite flattering!) Shocked

I have just dropped you an e-mail, if you would like to get in touch with me.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Jessica Smyth, welcome to snowHeads Very Happy Will non-BASI members be able to read this? Hope so!
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Brilliant!! Would love to see my own skiing chronologically like that- would be comical!! I plateaued for a long time, until I got the finger out and decided to actually concentrate (and quit the boozin, lol!!). Bumps looked brilliant!! I'm back in Soell tomorrow- the EXCITEMENT!! Will have to recreate those bumps lol! Happy
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Pedantica, Thank you for the welcome.

BASI News is for members access only, but I shall pass this request on.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Pedantica, you can borrow my copy of BASI News when Touchguru claims his five minutes of fame.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Very Impressive Touchguru,

http://youtube.com/v/FPQlXNH36mI
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Thanks DB and Humpfknick

rob@rar, would you like an autographed copy....???? wink Razz
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Touchguru, Laughing Del let me have your video from Zermatt. Will look through it to see if we can update your progress video.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
rob@rar wrote:
Touchguru, Laughing Del let me have your video from Zermatt. Will look through it to see if we can update your progress video.

Really? Which one? I don't even have a copy of any of that! Are you able to put it up somewhere for me to download perhaps? I remember that I had a very average bumps run when they filmed!
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Touchguru, not looked through the files yet, so not sure what he has. I'll get the clips to you so you can see them and decide what you want to do with them.
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
rob@rar wrote:
Touchguru, not looked through the files yet, so not sure what he has. I'll get the clips to you so you can see them and decide what you want to do with them.

Great thanks Happy
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Bumped into Touchguru, in the security line at Geneva and thought I would bump this thread as he has now achieved his BASI level 3. Well done and roll on Eurotest training for next season , been cat suit shopping?? snowHead
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
skimottaret, is he going to be giving you lessons soon? Wink
latest report
Arno, No doubt ! We may be doing some race training at the same camp next season and I am sure he will progress quickly and get his times down...
snow report
Excellent stuff - nice one Touchguru,
snow report
Quote:

he has now achieved his BASI level 3

Wow. snowHead Congratulations, Touchguru.
snow report
Glad this thread has been bumped as I commented in Sept about an upcoming trip and how I wasn't looking forward to it.
I went to Les Arcs in last week in January and had a great time. I had 5 x morning lessons with New Generation and I got down most of the reds in resort - sometimes not it was not pretty but the instructor kept me tucked in behind him on the very red runs with strict instructions to 'stay in my tracks' with no more than 1 metre gap which I did 90% of the time!! I now have the confidence to just do blues without even thinking about which lines to take and even easy reds like Bellette can be done in one hit. Admittedly bumps and cruddy stuff still needs a bit of thinking about.
The other thing that helped me most was going through the trees in the 'Forest of Doom' above Vallandry as it gave me no time to think about where or when I was going to make a turn you just have to do it or hit the tree!
The instructor used the term 'di(v)e down the hill' - he was Italian, to great merriment of the group and what he called the Jesus Christ exercise to face straight down the hill with your upper body, arms out, and turn from the waist down - getting us to separate upper and lower body. When asked why is was called the Jesus Christ someone quipped 'it's what you scream as you head full speed down the hill before you turn'.
Now trying to cram in another trip before the end of March to get some more miles under my belt before the end of the season.
snow report
Level 3!!

He must have come on a bit since last October wink

Well done Touchguru, look forward to bumping into you again sometime snowHead
snow report
Many congratulations, Touchguru!
snow report
Great news and well done Touchguru snowHead
snow conditions
Thanks AsterixTG, pam w, Pedantica and Cacciatore Very Happy

Thanks Mosha Marc, even a broken clock is correct twice a day! Wink

Thanks skimottaret, good to see you too and thanks for the lounge upgrade! Smile
I have looked at a couple of cat suits online but I am dreading trying one on!
P.S. No photo requests when I do!!
ski holidays
Touchguru, fantastic! Congratulations Very Happy
ski holidays
Touchguru, well done. I am more than impressed!
ski holidays
Congrats in order mate👍 but I've gotta say, I ain't surprised.
Do I get a discount on some badly needed tuition wink
snow report
Many thanks RachelQ, holidayloverxx and franzClammer Very Happy

franzClammer, I am sure something could be arranged..! Wink
ski holidays
Touchguru, where did you get the 200 hours in, are you working at Hemel???
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Touchguru, congrats I'll get the Vids of You and My BiL playing on and off piste in Obergurgl sorted out for you this week, he says thanks again the afternoons skiing.
ski holidays
Thanks ansta1 Good to meet you and also good to ski with your BIL. Loved his top sheet design for his free skis!

kitenski, most of the hours were done in Hemel and I had those already done by March 2012.
snow report
Touchguru, cheers, just wondering how you got the necessary "real world" teaching experience for the L3 teach Smile
snow report
kitenski wrote:
Touchguru, cheers, just wondering how you got the necessary "real world" teaching experience for the L3 teach Smile

Remember, I have also done many years of other sports coaching in the 'real world' which has clearly helped in all of my ski teaching and ski teaching courses.
ski holidays
Touchguru, If it's not indiscreet, where are you teaching currently?
ski holidays
franzClammer wrote:
Touchguru, If it's not indiscreet, where are you teaching currently?

Will PM you
ski holidays
Nice article in BASI News 113 March
Well done Cool
snow report
Touchguru, just watched the IOS video, fantastic progress and I imagine at that rate you've moved on again since. Where did you find such a consistent bumps line to practice?
ski holidays
balernoStu, Thanks. I would like to think I have moved on again before I took the ISIA Tech in November Smile The bumps run was in Zermatt/Cervinia next to to the half pipe last July/August. Great practice to work on quick movement.
snow report
Touchguru wrote:
balernoStu, Thanks. I would like to think I have moved on again before I took the ISIA Tech in November Smile The bumps run was in Zermatt/Cervinia next to to the half pipe last July/August. Great practice to work on quick movement.

Indeed looks ideal. Looking fwd to the next video release Wink
snow report
balernoStu wrote:
Touchguru wrote:

Indeed looks ideal. Looking fwd to the next video release Wink

You first.. Wink
snow conditions
Touchguru, lol, my video would be more like a twenty five year plan, including long periods of regression and occasional spikes of progress.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy