Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Gross Arl

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Anybody know anything about Gross Arl in Austria?

What's the skiing like, where to stay, where to go, etc

My German colleagues are planning a weekend trip in January but don't seem to know much about it
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Shhhhh don't talk too loudly or everyone will want to go there! Toofy Grin Great little village at the end of a long and winding road (first time you drive there), good skiing with a variety of pistes including linking across to Bad Dorfgastein

The locals spell it Großarl so take a look at Bergfex under that spelling and take a look at it. Often has availability when other areas in the Ski Amadé do not because everyone overlooks it.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
http://www.bergfex.com/grossarl/
http://www.grossarltal.info/en/winter/skiing-holiday.html
http://www.grossarltal.info/pdf/skiinfo_2012-2013.pdf

Mountain is part of Gastein valley skiing, although as you can see on a piste map from the link above, you will be on a wrong side for easy trips to other areas, Bad Hofgastein is doable though.

We skied there for one day accessing from Dorfgastein side and I really liked it. Some nice pistes, very modern lifts, lovely huts with great food etc.... Should be enough for a weekend trip.

I would def go back there for a few days for skiing, we did not see the village.

Last edited by Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see? on Tue 17-09-13 14:11; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I've been, it's lovely. Enjoyed the skiing and the food on the mountain was excellent! The pistes link to Dorfgastein,
extending the ski area. A weekend there would be excellent for keen high mileage types, but we could easily stay for a week.
Lots more skiing an easy drive away in Bad Gastein/Bad Hoffgastein.

Cheers Geoff
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Had a great day skiing there last season and would happily go again...
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
It's lovely skiing above Grossarl. snowHead Great flowing pistes for belting along, lovely huts as Tom W says. We always spend a day there when we're in Gastein.

Kersh
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy