Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Time for some new skis methinks.

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Had my own skis for several years and always found them really nice to ski, so why change? Anyway last year I damaged them, not seriously, but it compressed the base and bent the edge under the boot a little. As long as I put them on the right feet, it feels pretty normal most of the time, and they have had a fair bit of abuse.

Looking around and bewildered by the options. (the previous skis I bought in resort as new/last season after trying a few pairs out). They are Salomon X-Wing T05 (yes 2005!) 175cm carvers. Like I said, I get on really well with them, and always felt right at home on them.

I don't really know where to start looking, I don't care for this years designs (actually the price tags of this years designs), and would much prefer last year clearance bargains (or even the year before). I would class myself as a reasonable skier that enjoys reds and will ski pretty much anything but the most cut-up blacks. I'm 95% on piste skier, and the only real off-piste are shortcuts home Happy The real problem I guess is my weight and height, 6ft8 and 19stone.

Looking for suggestions for a suitable ski, or if anyone has spotted any bargains.

Many thanks.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
My knowledge in such matters is limited but 175cm sounds rather short to me for someone of your lofty proportions...
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Possibly, but like I said, I have always been very at home of them and not noticed any issues. (before carving skis came around, I had 205 straight skis!!)

But yes, thinking 185 may be a better bet.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
There can be no substitute for getting on a few different skis in quick succession so that the snow, the weather, your legs etc remain constants and you get to, as far as possible, objectively compare the way the skis feel to you.

I don't know if this is geographically convenient but if so, it's what U want:
http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?p=2344595

Otherwise, we are planning to do ski tests at both the Pre Season Bash and the End of Season Bash this year.
Clearly MK or the PSB would be the most suitable for setting you up for this season...
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy