Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

St Gervais - ski school recommendations

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Quick question for those that ski there a lot, what is the ESF in St Gervais like? Have friends going at half term and said I'd ask those in the know! They have quite an age range, all girls 17, 11 and 8. The ESF in Les Carroz is fab but I know it can be hit and miss, so those that go there a lot, can you give me some feedback?
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Few friends have used them for 121 & we're happy, no knowledge of classes. The BASS is fantastic
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@Jonny996, thanks a million. Always good to get a recommendation.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
As they're going in half term I'd recommend using Bass (not sure if they do a kids ski school though)
https://www.britishskischool.com/megeve
St Gervais is a wonderful area and it's where I and quite a few of my relatives first learned to ski. It's been about 10 years since I was there so my advice is a little outdated. We had a really great time and learned with ESF which was enjoyable but two thirds of the instruction was in French as most of the clients were French. We were there early January so wouldn't have had the option of BASS as they only operate during the peak weeks which is fair enough and won't affect your friends.
We had a 10 year old with us who picked it up very quickly and had no complaints about the ski school. They have a little Toton type place at the meeting point (Betex) it had a little magic carpet and such.
There's plenty of lovely tree lined green and blue runs for the beginners too and I think all the pistes lead back to that central meeting place so it's hard to get lost for long.
I'm sure they'll have a fantastic time no matter what. I'd be interested in hearing how they get on as we're probably going back there in Jan '21.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy