Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

what board type is best for a beginner?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I am dying to get into snowboarding and eventually try some of the rails but I need to progress a lot first.

Basically everyone keeps telling me different and I don't know anything so i need advice and links.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
J.Leon1, Kit isn't the key.

When I wanted to get into a bit of freestyle, I took a 2 day course with Definition at Hemel, with Gav Learmonth. I'd recommend it to anyone. He does 2 day courses or single days concentrating on kickers or rails and flat land.

http://www.definitioncamps.com/

In the mean time, work on your strength, balance and flexability as these are all key physical skills. When you are riding, practice switch and running the board flat, and on a very basic level, getting the board to run exactly where your want it to - if you are interested in boxes and rails, then you'll need inch-perfect run-in to get the right line.
Get used to flexing the board so you can pop it properly into an ollie or try some flat-land jibbing.

Other than that? Practice - Practice - Practice.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
A rental board.

No seriously. You will improve quickly, so the board that works best for you on day two is probably not the one you loved on day one.

You progress fastest on the easiest board for you to ride. You don't "grow into" snowboards, if the board is too advanced for you, you will in general give up before you learn enough to ride it.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
J.Leon1, on your other thread I recommended UCPA - you can get kit with no extra cost, as part of the holiday.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy