Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Reccomend me some protective gear

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
philwig, Anything I "recommend" is based in personal experience, vicarious observation and common sense . . . Let's see . . .

The knee pad that would have saved a split patella when skidding to a stop and hitting an ice ridge left by a piste bully . . . 10 years to fully recover

The armoured pants that would have prevented the broken coccyx, created when as a gymnast in a my first half-pipe, I used leg drive to initiate a twist rather than upper body wind-up . . . leaving me with a 12 foot assplant onto white concrete (pictures available)

The minor concussion that split my helmet when I was carving toeside whilst crossing the path and filming another snowhead, released the edge and relaxed too early for the heelside carve and just dug in . . . the camera landed 50m downslope and I saw a LOT of white stars that would have faded to black without a nut bucket.

I'm lucky enough to have relatively good spacial awareness and can fall repeatedly without much hassle or trauma . . . that's part of my training as a 'yoof'

Anyone in a sports learning environment from baby steps to competition coaching . . . takes every opportunity to ameliorate risk in gaining skills . . . once that skill is established then the training wheels can be dispensed with . . . until the next challenge.

The need for protection is based on real and perceived risk, personal competence, environmental factors and not being a prig in thinking I'm to good to fail . . . everyone does.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy