Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Paradiski Parking & Access

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hello,

We are driving down to Les Arc mid December for a season, we are staying in a small village near Les Arc 1600 which does not lie on a bus route. Does anybody have any suggestions on how to get to Les Arc/La Plagne and where the best (cheapest) places to park are? Is it easier to dump car at funicular in BSM? For La Plange is Les Coches/Montchavin easiest place to access this side of Paradiski?

Cheers
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I would say parking at funicular is the best option, its free to park and you can get it up before the lifts start spinning. For days you want to head over to the La Plagne side you would be quicker getting the funi up and skiing over to the Vanoise Express than driving over to Le Coches/Montchavin and parking there.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I would say parking at funicular is the best option, its free to park and you can get it up before the lifts start spinning. For days you want to head over to the La Plagne side you would be quicker getting the funi up and skiing over to the Vanoise Express than driving over to Le Coches/Montchavin and parking there.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Thanks Alasdair,

Looking at the timings for the funicular and then the buses around Les Arc you will be able to get close to Vanoise Express and then over to La Plagne. Only issue I have is that my GF is pretty green beginner so wont be able to get too far afield with her, do you know if there is snow in Arc 1600 typically for the start of the season so GF can get her lessons from there or head up to one of the other centres.

Cheers
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
There should be snow.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
The snow in 1600 will be as good as 1800 (after all there is only 100m difference in altitude) but beginner lessons may be harder to find at the very start of the season. One year we had to send the beginners on the bus to 1800. However this is really straightforward, just get off the funicular and get the navette over to 1800 but get off at the lift before the terminus. You will know where this is because everyone else with skis will get off there.

What village are you staying in? It may be possible to park at the mid station of the funicular if that is nearer than the one at Bourg.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
We are staying in a chalet in a village called Le Berard, it is near Les Granges so that might be the best option provided there is ample parking. Although it is a little bit out the way the chalet we have managed to bag for the season was a bargain and an awful lot bigger than places in resort so all good!

Cheers
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Fishmongatti, There is always plenty of space in the car park as long as you get there early....especially half term weeks
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Quote:

Although it is a little bit out the way

A bit of an understatement. I am not sure what the road snow clearance is like for that area. It may be a bit of a delay before they clear the road after heavy snow.

I will try and dig out an old piste map but I think it used to be on the itinerary from Arc 1800 to Hauteville so it may be ski in ski out Shocked

Nevertheless it is a really beautiful location and when I have passed through it in the summer it is gorgeous.

Have a good season
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy