Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Nelson, Sun Peaks or Mt Wash for a season working?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
wonder if the snowheads collective can help out on this - my nephew is on a year in Canada and asking for a bit of advice on which might be best for a season.

He's 22, will be an excellent skier but only done about 4 weeks to date so still new to powder and steeper stuff, likes a chilled night life. He's looking at lift op jobs mostly; got one already in the bag, got another interview or two in next few weeks in the 3 resorts mentioned. His uncle will be heading out there for week or two in the winter if he nails a good resort.

Advice plse?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Oops, add in Big White and Banff (barista job) to his longlist.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Mount Washington is a small ski area but with a good range of skiing including a good slice of steepish/ steep terrain, the Outback being the best. There's also lots of tree skiing, some of the best you'll find anywhere. They get a lot of snow but it tends to stay in good condition for only a very short time as temperatures are prone to be rather warmer than ideal. That leads to some rain as well. Your nephew will definitely improve his skiing here as he will have to contend with a lot of difficult conditions. All this said, I love the place. It's a local ski hill and very friendly. It's not really on the radar of most Brits so it's not flooded with them and Vancouver Island is a stunning and unique place.

Accommodation on the hill is very hard to find and very expensive unless there's a big group; minimum of $1250 CDN a month, though it is of a good quality. There's not much to do up the hill. It suited me great but I'm older. Most workers live in Courtenay, Cumberland, Comox etc. where accommodation is very much cheaper and there's a good social life amongst the workers. You do need to get up early for the bus, however, and they're not frequent. Courtenay is the only town with a bus link, so a car or friends with a car are essential for the other places. Lots of Brits who work there fall in love with the place and never leave. I would definitely be going back this season if it weren't for non skiing related reasons.

I spent last season instructing there and had a fantastic time. I've skied in the Banff resorts, Sun Peaks and Big white but not worked in any of them so will leave that to those who have. I would say they probably all offer better skiing but not the unique feel of Mount Washington.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
If he has the potential to be a really good skier I'd say Whitewater (Nelson). The town is fairly funky but the ski hill is way less touristy than Banff or the Okanagan resorts. Not been to Mt Wash though the island is lovely.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Nelson. Though it is quite remote
Need a car really which means its also easy enough to get to Red Mountain which IMHO has some of the best skiing in Canada, will certainly be good after a season there!
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
cheers guys

he found the info useful...then went his own way - in the end he's plumped for Sun Peaks, looks like a fair sized resort and they've got good accomm handy for the slopes so he's all set

I'm heading out there in late Jan so will report back...
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Hi there DoubleBombardino ... How's she cuttin?

I've got a chance of a life time coming up this December ....

A lawn buddy of mine has invited me to go to his lodge in Canada!!! 10 days of Skiing and ice fishing.
(if it all falls through I'll try and squeeze into the PSB ... are you going this year?)

PS I spotted the Google Skidoo in Feb 2102 ... and it spotted me ....

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/preview#!data=!1m8!1m3!1d3!2d-116.128128!3d51.467054!2m2!1f27.25!2f87!4f75!2m4!1e1!2m2!1sHYfAn273lMyIm2wQbPvvEw!2e0!4m29!3m28!1m5!1sCalgary+International+Airport%2C+2000+Airport+Rd+NE%2C+Calgary%2C+AB+T2E+6Z8%2C+Canada!2s0x5371640f7bf63b77%3A0xdbe9871f5cbc7457!3m2!3d51.129041!4d-114.010333!1m5!1sVacation+Rental+-+Bear+Paw+Lodge%2C+Golden%2C+BC+V0A+1H1%2C+Canada!2s0x5379c7b84164934f%3A0x179751217b03ee32!3m2!3d51.409519!4d-117.001154!2e0!3m8!1m3!1d951!2d-117.001154!3d51.409519!3m2!1i1680!2i949!4f13.1!9m5!2m2!3d51.3851006!4d-117.0254674!3s0x5379b8a1ac7c16d7%3A0xa345aafdbf75516a!4f1&fid=0i5

If you paste the link into your browser ......I'm the one in the green pants!
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
hello Doc, nice to hear from you. Imagine you are now in leave hoovering mode, variety is the spice and all.

I'm well thanks but alas cannot do PSB as work getting in the way...def on for the EoSB.

thankfully cld not get that link to work! Nice gag re ice fishing and it all falling thru btw.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy