Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

~ snowHeads Ski Test Milton Keynes SnowZone 28th Sept ~ CLOSED

Poster: A snowHead
Yes a Sunday at Tamworth would be fab! I was planning to go there on 6th October anyway. Notsosubtlehint...
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
admin wrote:
The Milton Keynes Ski Test Sept 2013 (MKSkiTest) will run from Sat 28 Sep 2013 to Sat 28 Sep 2013

We've an opportunity to do a Ski Test at SnowZone Milton Keynes on 28th Sept.

Is this just for skiers, or boarders welcome too?
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I can make it, is the mrs allowed?
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Should probably start thinking about some new skis. My current ones are >15 years old. However it's my daughter's first birthday that weekend so I probably can't make it. I'd bring her along but apparently they need to be able to stand unaided before learning to ski.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Unfortunately already busy that weekend - would have loved to try and attend. The idea of a mail blast was great though as I wouldn't have known even if I could've have come.
Hope it all goes well - if there's another date.......
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Just checking with my boyfriend that he can make it that Saturday. If so that will be +2. Do we have to confirm for definite in advance and do we have to pay in advance?
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Mosha Marc wrote:
I don't venture that far south. wink

Wot he said
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
sbutton, boarders are always welcome
except when it's a ski lesson, obviously
at snowHeads stuff - boarder/skier banter to be expected. There may even be one or two boards to try... if you're lucky.

redeye, yep the Mrs is welcome (I'm assuming that's a plus Wink) but you will need to get her signed up to snowHeads in her own right so she can press the buttons for herself.

olster wrote:
my daughter's first birthday~ ~but apparently they need to be able to stand unaided before learning to ski.
Don't let little technicalities get in the way - it's easier to stand when you're strapped to skis Wink

Lynne Male, yes the deal is that we take the bookings/payment and let them know how many we're bringing.
Once we're definitely on - which we pretty well* are now - I'll put up an extra button that allows you to Sign up and gives you instructions how to pay.

* On the list at the top we've
6 x definite = 6
7 x almost certain = 5
10 x hopeful = 5
So that's an estimated 16. But sbutton, redeye+1 and Lynne Male+1 have all expressed interest in posts but not put themselves on the list yet - so it's looking very close to the critical 20 we need.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Thanks for the invite.

Do they have decent boot rental at MK?

Guessing they won't let me put my Dynafit touring boots (my only pair of boots) in alpine bindings.

Thanks in advance.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
will try but might be difficult.
Can you email when it's definite for the last minuters ? rolling eyes
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Would love too, but a bit far for me Very Happy
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Hello all. Long time lurker here but I live pretty close to MK so hoping I can make it. It depends a bit on family plans during the day but I am smoothing over with SWMBO as we speak. I had already earmarked this coming season for a new full set of kit so this could be dangerous...

Lee
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
lab77, sally365, Mike Pow, Lynne Male, sbutton, redeye (and anyone else who is interested in this) click the button at the top of this topic and select how 'definite' you are/aren't.
Then you'll be in the group that gets contacted about updates - after all, I can't be emailing 30,000 every time the wind changes Wink

So fortunately fatbob's normally expert cynical eye has been proved off the mark this time and we have a good strong pool of interested snowHeads.
Hence I am declaring this event ON snowHead

New button at the top to sign up with.

Everybody coming needs to sign up from their own snowHeads account so get your +1's sorted out with their own snowHeads ID's.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
admin, are you considering running anything up-north? Would be happy to go to either Castleford or Manchester but MK is too far south Sad
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Mike Pow wrote:
Do they have decent boot rental at MK?

as per admin's response above boot hire is included in the cost. Whether they're decent is another question. I haven't worn a pair for several years so can't really comment. Most people seem to be fine with them so, unless you have weird feet, a few hours in the bog-standard Head hire boots probably won't do you any harm.

N.B. ski hire is also included if you get really bored with the selection or want to remind yourself what a more basic model skis like.
ski holidays
That's the family booked in then Smile

Welcome thehasa and theloulou.

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Mon 16-09-13 21:02; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
Oh by the way, were with andyman Toofy Grin
latest report
Gutted, I am away on business that weekend. Crying or Very sad

If there is another planned, count me in.
snow report
I shall be mainly working at the Royal Festival Hall on 28 September, at a performance of Benjamin Britten's "masterpiece" [it says here from my illustrious employers' blurb] Peter Grimes. And occasionally thinking of you all, sliding in a different auditorium of similar slope angle.

May the best ski win.
snow conditions
By the way, if you want to see a lot of snow in the RFH, here's the perfect show for showHeads/snowHeads ... returning for the third Christmas ...

http://www.southbankcentre.co.uk/whatson/slavas-snowshow-73037
ski holidays
Have fun everyone, we will think of you all whilst skiing in Manchester, perhaps something will happen nearer Christmas at HH or MK so we can come and say 'Hi'.
ski holidays
Must be said, over the course of the past 24hrs, this has been looking better and better snowHead
ski holidays
Hotel booked. Family booked.

This is rapidly becoming the PPSFaB2013 - thankfully no flights required Toofy Grin
latest report
I may be interested plus one non SH member
ski holidays
I may be interested plus one non SH member
snow report
The Danno, no need to do a post for each person wink
snow conditions
We have a weekend off for a change, but as we are getting another dog next week, it wouldn;t be fair to leave them both and our ski boots are in France. I do need to test some skis though.
snow conditions
I eat humble pie - but just have to decide between EB's potentially boring demos and livetoski's known very fun ones now.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
I'm thinking of coming with 3 kids. Is that doable, really?
snow report
Quote:

but just have to decide between EB's potentially boring demos and livetoski's known very fun ones now.

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Sorry can not make the 28th its a bad thing to say but will be in Barcelona that weekend NOT ski testing!
snow conditions
fatbob, do both - it's not like U don't need the practice Wink

livetoski, part-timer!

mihaid, no problem with kids - there are 2 on the list already.
snow conditions
...remember though that everyone needs their own snowHeads account to sign up.
snow report
admin wrote:

mihaid, no problem with kids - there are 2 on the list already.

How cold does it get in there? What would be appropriate clothing?
ski holidays
mihaid,
The clue is in the venue title Snowzone Toofy Grin

The kids will need to wrap up as they would on the slopes. In fact for longer sessions, with no warming sun, it can actually seem colder than the slopes.
latest report
andyman,
Quote:

it can actually seem colder than the slopes.

agreed. I almost always get cold feet and hands in Hemel, whereas I rarely do on a real mountain.
snow report
Pedantica, so it's true then? I had heard a vicious rumour that you never got cold feet on the mountain ... Twisted Evil
ski holidays
mihaid, it may also be worth adding that there is clothing hire too if you don't have a full set of ski gear for yourself or the kids. Skis, boots and helmets are all part of the package, clothing is extra (see here).

I'm not sure if I entirely agree about getting too cold. It depends on how active you are and whether they have the coolers on. It's cold but it isn't arctic cold.

[Edited (twice) for locational discrepancies...]

Last edited by Then you can post your own questions or snow reports... on Tue 17-09-13 14:11; edited 2 times in total
ski holidays
andyman, Laughing (But, sadly, I do get notional cold feet quite often. Embarassed )
snow report
We'll bring full snow gear then. minus goggles, right?
snow conditions
mihaid wrote:
We'll bring full snow gear then. minus goggles, right?
Exactly.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy