Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

~ snowHeads Ski Test Milton Keynes SnowZone 28th Sept ~ CLOSED

Poster: A snowHead
fatbob wrote:
admin wrote:
I've just heard that Armada will be there too.

'nuff fun skis for you fatbob? Cool

Possibly - but then there's parking, that locker rip off etc etc wink
If it's too difficult, I'm sure we can get someone to park your car for you Wink

Would it help if I brought something brand new for you to 'leave your mark' on? Wink
(I am actually expecting something nice but not 100% certain they'll arrive in time)
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
admin, still not forgiven me for falling on my arrrs 2 yds into my trial of your spanky new skis with associated gouge then? Embarassed

Well I'd almost convinced myself to go to the ISO thing but they don't seem to be making it very public and to be honest next weekend probably works better in terms of juggling other stuff so you may be the frontrunner if I can get my head around those multi coloured kerb parking zones *

* Reserves right to deposit kit in a bin bag to avoid locker charge every time I want a swig of water, comb my hair etc etc.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
The deep scarring wasn't only in the top sheet Wink

There'll be a snowHeads Operations Centre so leave your bottle and comb set there if you like Toofy Grin
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Steve@EllisB wrote:
Mike Pow, and others, we're hoping to get a few sample boots down there for people to try, size range might be a bit limited but probably 24.5 to 27.5 across a few styles.

We're working on a list of skis that will be present, hopefully get that out later today or tomorrow.

Steve@EllisB any telemark on the inventory rolling eyes rolling eyes rolling eyes

(If you dont ask......)
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
fatbob wrote:

Possibly - but then there's parking, that locker rip off etc etc wink

Parking after 6pm is free in Xscape bays. If you come earlier then you only have to pay the difference up to 6pm.

Many times I just park at the Xscape-back (past the Airkix) and walk in my ski gear back into the centre. Saves the locker charge and quite useful if you need to try various pieces of kit out.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
I might come and say hello. I will be at SnoZone for the late night session from 7pm+ onwards.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
andyman wrote:

Steve@EllisB any telemark on the inventory rolling eyes rolling eyes rolling eyes

(If you dont ask......)

Sorry, no tele, not something we're involved with at the present time - still need to free the mind wink
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
and if you do come earlier (or ever go there), there is a set of bays across the road for 25p per hour........
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I've just heard that Head will be there and I've had and enquiry from Faction so they're now a possibility too.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
admin, Can't make it afterall Sad
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Team Splendid have signed up. admin as discussed, if EB have got a couple of pairs of boots on test I suspect you might have another new Snowhead.

See you all there. Anyone new to MK should know there is an Ask right near the entrance, so don't forget to print off a voucher if applicable and you want a cheap dinner between sessions.
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Mistress Panda, Already done very similar but for Pizza Express although with two kids coming I suspect it will be used before the session!
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
If this gets any more uptake we'll need slope marshalls to control the chaos.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
mcspreader, I intend to get some monster skis to play with and add to said chaos Wink
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Mistress Panda, I can see the headlines now 'Monster Panda reeks mayhem on the slopes' ( note to self, avoid!!!)
ski holidays
Will the normal snowdome ski practice clients be there along with the Snowheads? Could be extremely crowded on a Saturday if so.
latest report
snowball wrote:
Will the normal snowdome ski practice clients be there along with the Snowheads? Could be extremely crowded on a Saturday if so.

From their website it looks like the Snozone are still taking normal bookings at both 4pm and 7pm so it could be a little bit cozy. That said, I'm pretty sure that quite a lot of time will be spent chatting to the different suppliers about what skis they have on offer, getting skis set up, catching up with old friends, meeting a few more snoHeads and finding other excuses not to actually ski. Toofy Grin
ski holidays
little ms spock, Toofy Grin Toofy Grin
snow report
little ms spock,

And then of course there is the bar....
snow report
andyman, Ah the bar. Shocked
Anyone fancy giving me a lift from near Dunmow in Essex? Toofy Grin
ski holidays
mcspreader, Sorry mate, would normally offer as I live out East but I have a car full and event is wrapped in a weekend away Sad
ski holidays
andyman, something of a rhetorical question anyway. I was just suddenly seized by the notion of bar. Madeye-Smiley
snow report
mcspreader, Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
ski holidays
so 100plus snowHead so far,.... admin surely there is a technical limit?

just askin before i register junior and middle ansta1 and book all 3 of us on it!
snow report
Actually ansta1, half that number have only declared theoretical interest in the event, ranging from "Yes, almost certainly" to "It was a button, I pressed it - I'll go now...".

52 have pressed the "I'm in" button although 2 of those chickened out and didn't follow through with the "So commit me" button that followed it so they haven't actually booked on yet.

Technically the slope limit is about 160.
Between lots of ski brands with their associated reps and tons of other snowHeads to chat to, I think 70+ of us can be easily accommodated snowHead
snow report
Hi,
I recently signed up to snowheads (been lurking for a while) and signed up to this event as it sound really interesting. I've never been to an indoor ski slope before, nor been to a ski test so I'm just wondering what should I bring and what should I expect.

Is there a website with general info for the venue? I'm wondering how steep/fast and how cold.
Is it a self-service thing (ie do your own research) or can you get advice on which skis to try?
snow conditions
kfyh,

The official Snozone website is here they have facilities in Castleford and Milton Keynes so some of the information overlaps but it will answer a load of questions.

Clothing wise, bring normal ski gear although you wont need your goggles. If you have your own boots bring them although hire boots I believe are included in the price. (I also bring a set of skis but again, there are standard hire skis included so really not necessary)

As a signed up sH member, you will receive your snowHeads card and this will be used to take out 'test' skis. The technicians will be able to give you advice on the various models but to be honest, think outside the box and try something radical, it might surprise you!

Enjoy

Toofy Grin
latest report
Has anyone got some good ideas for drills I can do to help get a feel for the different skis at the ski test?

Whenever I've been to MK before I've got a bit bored after about 40 mins, but last time I went they had some slalom posts out which was great fun, and helpful for highlighting some things to work on in my teqhnique. Some drills might be a useful way to stay interested and learn some things.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Has anyone got some good ideas for drills I can do to help get a feel for the different skis at the ski test?

Whenever I've been to MK before I've got a bit bored after about 40 mins, but last time I went they had some slalom posts out which was great fun, and helpful for highlighting some things to work on in my teqhnique. Some drills might be a useful way to stay interested and learn some things.
ski holidays
mental,
Clearly you are applying the drill methodology to your posting wink

Unfortunately the range and type of skis will be enormous whereas the conditions will be piste only, so you may not see the full benefits of some skis. In any event I think you are correct, try and plan some loose drills (longish carvy turns, shorter radius turns) for each ski so you are comparing like for like. You should at least then get a feel for how each one initiates and holds line through turns.

Most of all, enjoy - you never know you might end up changing your skis/ style as a result ( he says after jumping to Whitedot Preachers Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed )
snow report
mental, a few important things to check...

Do the ski graphics complement your existing regular ski wear? (be sure to take the zip colour into account as it's vital).
Take a stopwatch, have a couple of (timed) runs on rental skis and then go through the demo skis to see which is faster, but remember to occasionally go back to the control (see rental) ski to re baseline your time.
It's imperative you hang around the main slope door with the ski's and count how many jealous looks you get from the same sex and flirty looks from the opposite sex (assumption made about sexual preference btw)
Make sure you take a couple of rails on, you need to know how those bases and edges are going to stand up to abuse.
And make sure you buy admin and any other snowHead a few beers so they can impart their years of wisdom (see talk about 203mm Salomon skis with virtually no sidecut).

Oh and have fun.
latest report
mental wrote:

Imagine those pillars in the middle are those damn snowboarders who always seems to sit around in the middle of a slope. Demo some of those fancy new twin tips. Now slalom those "snowboarders" and spray them with enough snow Toofy Grin
ski holidays
ansta1, Laughing
ski holidays
ansta1 Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
I don't actually need a new pair of skis, but had entirely missed the link between the planks strapped to my feet and my attractiveness to females. Better get the credit card limit extended before saturday. Do girls like men with bigger ones?
It's a shame ski tracks for iPhone won't work indoors, that would be very useful for our timed runs.
latest report
If the price includes air ticket from Brasil I'm in Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

Thanks ! But I'm so far way!
snow report
We could try and arrange you a transfer from Luton airport - but I think that's about as far as we could go Wink
snow report
SnowZone have made the offer to do Chicken Curry or Beef Chili + a Corona Beer during the Pisting break for £6, which seems very reasonable.
I said I'd survey interest as, if 50 snowHeads all demand Chili within 5 minutes of each other, I suspect service may be challenged.

I've added a food option to the OP - you're not committing to it and I'm not collecting the money or anything, it's just to give them a guide for the level of demand.
snow report
Any chance of a veggie option (for the fussy eaters)? Oh, and I don't drink beer, is wine or cider on the menu? Toofy Grin rolling eyes Toofy Grin
latest report
Sorry - now out. Guess I'll have to defer the pleasure of seeing Mistress Panda/Digger the Dinosaur on the fattest pair of skis know to man.
snow report
...like you were ever really in - enjoy your weekend in Gaper-ville Wink
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy