Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

looking for ski schools in Les Arc 2000 / 1950 - please help

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi

We're looking for ski schools in Les Arc 2000 / 1950. I've done some research and was hoping to perhaps get a recommendation.

We are going over new years and everything is arranged except for a ski school for one of our group. We're looking for brit friendly, morning group lessons (rules out New Generation as it appears to be too far).

I've tried calling spirit 1950 but their phone is answered by a French answering machine and they haven't responded to a short e-mail I sent them (only yesterday).

Private lessons may be cost prohibitive but might be the only option if the alternatives are not suitable.

Hope you guys can offer advice?

Many thanks
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Designs, If you can get as far as 1850 - maybe afternoon lessons or early start and scoot over quickly in the morning? Both the kids and I had good sessions with Arc Adventures.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thanks, I did a forum search but the replys were a few years old regarding Arc Adventures.

I think it will be too difficult getting from 2000 to 1800 which will rule that out as I believe there are a few steep blue runs to get there. Our group member has only been for a week and just starting to parallel turn.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Designs, welcome to snowHeads.

I think Spirit is probably your best bet. Arc Adventures are usually good (although my brother in law had a particularly poor experience with them). You can get from 2000/1950 to Arc 1800 on very easy blue pistes (more green, in fact), but you would need to bear in mind that in very bad weather (high winds and/or heavy snow) the lifts up to the ridge between 2000 and 1800 can have delayed opening or very occasionally be shut for the day. It doesn't happen very often, but would be frustrating for lessons to be booked that you can't get to.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Thanks again

I'll try harder getting in touch with 1950 - their website is encouraging at least so they look like our best bet.

If we don't have any luck I'll be back asking about the shuttle buses and how easy it is getting to arc 1800 from 2000 by skiing.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
We own in 2000 and have used all 3 available. Spirit 1950, EST in 2000 and Evolution in Arc 2000. Evolution were awful, but we have had very good instructors between 1950 and ESF in 2000. If staying in 2000 you do not want to go to 1800 for lessons, sorry.

As for Spirit 1950 not answering, its a bit early for them, probably shut for a while after summer. I wouldn't panic. Big difference in price between 1950 and ESF and not sure the price is worth it, 1950 is a different world at times. Russians and their hookers.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Designs, Spirit are fine, ( we've used them for the past 8 years for our daughter and visiting friends, plus private lessons for the adults) but as above, are on a break right now - they've been doing the MTB all summer, plus all the other activities so this is their down time. You'll probably not get a response for a week or so at the earliest.

Patience!
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Designs, Spirit are fine, ( we've used them for the past 8 years for our daughter and visiting friends, plus private lessons for the adults) but as above, are on a break right now - they've been doing the MTB all summer, plus all the other activities so this is their down time. You'll probably not get a response for a week or so at the earliest.

Patience!
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Thanks again for all your responses, our concern is that it's a busy week and we want to make sure we book in time. From your responses and looking around it appears 1950 is our best bet though. It's still early so I won't worry too much!
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Designs, What week?
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
30th December
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Designs, Spirit are good but be patient they are taking a break before their all hell break loose over Winter.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Evo 2.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy