Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Zell am See

Poster: A snowHead
Can any one tell me what Zell am See is like at peak times? Specifically either Feb half term or New Year? Does it suffer from bottle necks and long lift queues? Especially the City Express ski lift.

Many thanks[/b]
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
we have been a couple of times and usually stay in Bruck (a village about 5-10 minutes from the Areitbaln bottom station. As the parking there is quite extensive and free it gets quite busy first thing in the morning.The runs around there can be a little busy but no worse in my opinion than most other places.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
ansta1, thanks for that. I have only been twice over new year - once to Bansko (never again - at new as opposed to Bansko itself), the other time was La Molina when most places in the Pyrenees had no snow, so we ended up skiing in Andorra, along with loads of people from other resorts.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
NickyJ, I have seen posts on here saying that it is rammed - try a search. I've only ever ben at quiet times
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
holidayloverxx, there were some people complaining last season but they did not realise hat there was a problem with one sections of the Areitbahn - they had a major motor problem over the half-term weeks. It caused big problems as everyone had to use the City Xpress and the Schmittenhöhe lift to access the terrain. The problem was resolved but it did spoil that couple of weeks. I've never had a problem there to be honest at any part of the season. In high season timing your arrival at the Areitbahn needs o be looked at because most of the ski schools access the nursery slopes from there. If you don't need lessons, going up the Xpress is often a good option.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Samerberg Sue, thanks that is really good to know!
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Samerberg Sue, Ah yes, I recall somehting about that now
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
ive been twice. really nice little place with good nightlife. i dont remember it ever being particularly rammed. no more so than most places. one of the times we went was during school hoildays as well
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
We are going half term, mrs h is hitting a milestone age when we are out there so we have booked the grand:) (wish that was the cost!)
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
harrim51, nice - the restaurant is excellent
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
It does get busy at times - going with school groups who get to the Areitbahn at peak peak times, anything under 45 mins is a good day. Go 1/2 hour before the school groups and you'll be fine. Once on the mountain the blues will be busy and the blacks empty!
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I've been a number of times and never had an issue with queues. That said, I've never been over half term week. The lift system is efficient and the mountain chairs are excellent with next to no waiting time. If the weather's bad, a good place to ski is the Sonnkogel area as it tends to be protected from the wind and weather fronts moving in from the north and west and gets the best of the light. Ive had many a good day powder day there with only a handful of people around.
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Does anyone have any recommendations for kids (&probably adults) ski /snowboard school?
We will be staying near the Cityexpress gondola.
Many thanks Very Happy
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
It was rammed when we went a couple of years ago in Feb (not meant to be a busy week like half term)
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
mckeann, probably the Fasching week when nearly all of Austria is on half term - the only time it gets busy I've found.
snow conditions
Busy getting up on the gondola in the morning, otherwise fine in my experience.

Plus you have Kaprun and the Kitzsteinhorn glacier within 5 minutes on the ski bus away to give you a bit of variety.
ski holidays
Homey .we book our skis and lessons
with Intersport they are based at the
City Express we find they give an excellent service and have good instructors HTH
snow conditions
Homey .we book our skis and lessons
with Intersport they are based at the
City Express we find they give an excellent service and have good instructors HTH
ski holidays
Bottom lift is a right pain. Once above it you are generally ok apart from lunch time. Adjust your skiing accordingly.
snow report
alicia, Thanks for the info, will look them up.
snow conditions
Homey , forgot to mention
Karin is the name of a lovely instructor for kids (and adults ) but mostly kids now.,she is brilliant .
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy