Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Are Crystal rebranding?

Poster: A snowHead
Seen their new colours on Twitter and not sure what to make of it!

Their website hasn't changed though.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I thought various shades of brown would be more representative of their s**t service! Twisted Evil
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
It would seem so: http://www.thedrum.com/news/2013/09/12/crystal-ski-holidays-unveils-new-brand-identity-someone
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
My, that's funny. When I worked for Crystal about five years ago (for about five minutes) they were busy trumpeting their "exciting new branding exercise" ('exciting' my @rse, these people need to get out more), which consisted of a) organising their brochures by activity rather than location; b) putting a red blob on everything; c) giving their reps black jackets (same as most of the other TOs that season); and d) pushing a customer service ethos so basic that you wondered whether they had previously actually been kicking their punters to death on arrival. Apparently this lot cost them several million. Shocked

One of the reasons I lasted five minutes was my failure to be properly "excited", I suspect. Laughing
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.

Yeah well, my childlike love of cute graphics overwhelmed me this morning ...
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Lizzard wrote:

One of the reasons I lasted five minutes was my failure to be properly "excited", I suspect. Laughing

Hardly a surprise, anyone called Lizzard must obviously be cold-blooded.... Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Keeps people like me in business. I quite like the new branding; cute, modern, more mountain-focused.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
queen bodecia wrote:
Keeps people like me in business. I quite like the new branding; cute, modern, more mountain-focused.

....will look naff within 24 months therefore need re-doing keeping designers etc in work wink
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
fatbob, shush! wink
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
I'd rather my mountains were white than green, are Crystal expecting a poor snow year?
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
summer pine forest mountains at night time?
hope they have a white and blue one for the winter brochure
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Boris, trees are green. Green and white are the predominant winter mountain colours. They may be trying to hint at a subliminal 'eco' message too (that's normally why green would be used for corporate branding).
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
queen bodecia, not when they're covered with snow they're not NehNeh
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
queen bodecia, blue and white are the colours I associate with skiing - white snow, blue skis

besides, the green is shown at the top and surely that's above the tree line?

Personal taste I'm sure but don't like it
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Boris, Sitter, I think you are being too literal. They are graphic representations. A green pine tree with a snow crust on the branches is a beautiful sight (as is a blue sky above, but that doesn't always happen). I would hazard a guess that they haven't used blue to stand out from a marketplace chock full of blue logos and branding...
ski holidays
queen bodecia, almost certainly - but personally doesn't appeal. It's not bad by any means, but falls short of making me go 'wow'

But as I always book DIY in anycase, I doubt they give two-hoots what I think as not really their target audience!
latest report
Kinda hints at colour-blind orienteering symbol or avalanche warning Wink Not sure if Crystal do other holidays? is it just winter and winter-sun (an odd concept that imho) ?
snow report
Just to be contary, I quite like it. Simple colour pallette, clean design, looks fun.
Of course branding all just so much whale-song and joss sticks, and delivering customer experience is the only thing that really matters.
latest report
andy, Crystal do do summer holidays, lakes and mountains stylee. Chalets that they staff plus hotels in places like Mayrhofen, Söll etc. (only know about their Austrian summer locations), obviously the beachy type holidays are covered by sister companies like Thompson, Sunsail etc. New colours seem to cover both seasons really.
latest report
But the black? Party/Apres all night, sleep off the hangover all day?

I'm sure the management consultants know that they are doing. All of those I know are more than loaded, so I'll take their word for it.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy