Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

paradiski easter snow conditions

Poster: A snowHead
I know we cant predict the weather and the snow but.....has anyone done the paradiski at easter. we are thinking of going to la plagne 1800 on april 5th. our school hols are early which is helpful. in theory it makes sense as base is 1800m and there is lots of high skiing including glacier. also arcs 2000 will be accessible ...provided the links across the vanoise are ok. would be good to hear from someone who has skied there late into the season. does the snow around montchavin and peisey compromise the link ? will areas like champagny and montalbert be out of bounds due to low altitude ? thanks in advance for your words of wisdom !
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
We have skied Montalbert every Easter for the last 8 years only once have we ended uo with a thin ribbon of man made snow into the village.
The links into the Vanoise Express are always kept open with artificial snow if necessary. Skiing back down into Champagny village is usually kept open but if needs be downloading in the Gondola is straight forward (and if tired legs, easier).
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
so really no probs with plagne 1800 then !
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
backhojo, Nope, we usually go through 1800 to get back to Montalbert, it does get a bit slushy late afternoon but in April you can't expect anything less snowHead
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Skied lots at that time of year. Mostly it's been fine, with the majority of the pistes open, albeit a bit soft in the afternoons and a bit crisp in the morning. Off piste is typically spring snow. Some years, last season for example, it has been epically good. One year it was very bad, but still skiing to be had around Arc 2000 bowl.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
April 5th is a good 3 weeks before the resort closes. I have been lots of times at that time of year and even later and the skiing has always been excellent. Indeed one year towards the end of April the temperature in the resort was hitting 20 degrees in the sun but the snow stayed in excellent condition because there was no wind and the skies were clear.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Definitely no problems in Les Arcs at the start of April even in a bad year
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
here's a few photos from Les Arcs in April 3 2009 (obviously the snow conditions may vary in other years)

2000 Bowl, looking down from top of Transarc(ish)

Taking the Vagere up out of 1800

Ecureils Piste looking a little thin, but definitely skiable (and this is round towards the sunny side of the hill)

Transarc midstation and environs

Even enough snow for a bit of rugger

Starting to get a bit sticky at the end of the day (just above the main peisey / VE lifts)
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Paradiski is really well set up in terms of snow coverage so you are extreemly unlikely to have a problem on April 5th - I've been here 10 years and always happily skiied until well after that. The resort doesn't shut till the 27th April this year.

There are two glaciers (1 in Les Arcs, 1 in La Plagne) and something like 70% of the domain is above 2000m making it pretty snowsure. The slopes needed for accessing the Vanoise Express all have snow making facilities and so it'll definitely be open when you come - no issues.

Happy planning. . .
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
bertie bassett, That last photo of yours looks more than a bit sticky Shocked Laughing

backhojo, As others have said, you should be fine at Easter. I have a friend who has lived there all his life, and he maintains that it often snows in the 2nd week of April.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Here's a video of our trip to Paradiski this Easter (we were there from 8th April). You can see from the panoramas that there was still excellent snow coverage and conditions only got slightly sloppy on the lowest slopes (1600m and below) from about 15:30 (but still perfectly skiable). We stayed in Les Coches and had no problem skiing all the way back to our chalet throughout the week. I hope this is helpful

http://youtube.com/v/hu4nZv7piRo
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
bertie bassett, tut tut about the weight distribution on that chairlift
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
backhojo, We have skied La Plagne for the last 11 years at Easter and it is usually pretty good until towards the end of April. I can only remember one season, 2010/11 I think, when there wasn't enough snow.
Most of the main Champagny ski area will be open, it is only the 2 red runs going into the village that tend to suffer later on in the season. They keep the le Bois run through the trees open as long as possible with artificial snow but, as boredsurfin, pointed out you can take the gondola down to the village if needs be.
As it is South facing it a lot of the Champagny ski area can become slushy on sunny days in the afternoon. Skiing back to the top of the gondola can be interesting if you are hoping to take the last lift down.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
backhojo, Always been able to ski back to Montalbert until the end of the season for the 11 seasons I have had an appartment there ...
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Have ski'd there last few years at Easter and was fine - only really 2010 (I think) which was utterly pants when skiing was restricted to main Arc bowl and one run back to main centres.

Still plenty of skiing though
snow report
thanks for all the replies. we skied easter last year in tignes and it was like the middle of winter. loads of snow and lots of white outs. def not sping skiing !! we have also had spring like conditions in montchavin in January (but it was a very bad year). skied in montgenevre in early april and that was OK and that's much lower and also further south. thanks for all your help
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy