Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Champery!!! Anyone been?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I am planning to drive to France next year hopefully Morzine/avoriaz area, my mate has just spoke to me and said have I looked at Champery. It looks small what's it like?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
JasonW, I stayed just down the valley at Val d'Illiez one new year, which is on the cog railway up to Champery. I wouldn't say Champery is small but it's a good way in to the Portes de Soleil ski area. Obviously it's on the Swiss side, so may be more expensive due to the exchange rate. The route up the mountain involved the Cable car up from Champery, or you can get a bus around to a chairlift just up the road. We always took the cable car but did ski to the bottom of the chair lift and caught the bus back once.

It seemed to be a nice town but as I was with my son, we only did early evenings in the bars. I would definitely go back there, so if you can get a good deal, it's worth it. We got up early on New Year's Day after a massive snowfall overnight and the slopes were deserted, presumably because everyone else was partying the night before. We just enjoyed endless powder on and off the pistes. Madeye-Smiley
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
When I go to the pds for the day I usually park by the chairlift in Champery. It is a good base to explore the Champery, Les Crosets, Avoriaz, Chatel and Morgins sectors, but a bit of a trek to get to Morzine or Les Gets.

The slopes in the immediate area are great and normally a lot quieter than Avoriaz and Morzine. Perfect for intermediates/advanced, but with the famous Swiss Wall for experts. It has a very sunny aspect, which means it can suffer late in the season.

The village itself is in a picturesque spot below the Dents du Midi. There isn't too much to it other than a handful of bars and restaurants from what I've seen, but I've never stayed overnight so I can't comment on the après.

As you have a car, Verbier is about half an hour away too, if you fancy a change of scenery for a day.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
From Champery, a cable car and two chairlifts (one fast, one not) will see you in the Fornet bowl at Avoriaz. However once you compare the crowds there with the quieter Swiss slopes you may prefer the latter. There is lots of ski-ing on the Swiss side, some of the lifts are a bit slow and there are still too many t-bars for some, but this is compensated for by the lack of crowds.

Champery has some nice hotels, restaurants and bars, it's not St Anton or even Morzine, but a calm pretty village (there is little traffic as it is at the head of the valley) great for adults or couples. Downside is there is no ski slope in the village, i.e. you have to take a lift to get to it.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy