Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Are Inghams on here?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
So have they admitted the property they are still actively marketing is not one they have any rights over?

What's their reason for offering you alternatives?

Time for Inghams to suck up and upgrade you to an equivalent or better property for nowt I think.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
fatbob, not yet. They don't actually know if the property on their website is available, or whether we could actually go with the holiday we booked originally. That seems to be why we had 2 months of radio silence.

They are offering alternatives because, with 10 weeks to go I didn't think it was ok for us not to have accommodation confirmed, and they seemed to agree, which is why they are now offering alternatives.

They came back with 3 options last night. I told them which one would probably be ok, they asked for more money, despite the £2 difference on their website. I said no. I've now got someone being fairly difficult with me as to why there isn't a tiny difference between the two trips.

It is certainly a novel approach to customer service thus far. This afternoon I think I will mostly be speaking to other TOs about a trip worth tens of thousands of pounds which I can book balance paid in one hit today. I suspect I will be offered some very good deals.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Especially when you've given them a significant interest free loan for several months.

They've been given way more than enough opportunity. Time to make good use of social media, making sure it's clear to any inadvertent reader that they are still attempting to sell holidays that still might not exist.

edit: and I'd quite like my overpayment back too, due to Inghams staff incompetence. Although it was only like £20-£30. Think I spent more in company phone bills trying to get them to understand that no it wasn't the job of my travel agency to correct their clerical errors.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Mistress Panda,

Having been in a similar situation myself a few times over the years, I appreciate your frustration.

It seems to me that most TO's have a very poor customer service ethos when things go wrong. I would like to think that when you have booked and paid a deposit months in advance, that if things subsequently went wrong, that the TO would pull out all of the stops to resolve the problem by offering you an alternative that you just couldn't turn down.

Whilst I appreciate that the TO margins are tight, and that 'customers are to blame for always wanting cheap prices for everything', I've begun to believe that actually these TO don't concern themselves in the slightest about ruining someone's holiday. It's all just numbers and profit margins to them.

I'll add Inghams to my list of those to avoid. Unfortunately the list is just getting longer!
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Don't rule out Inghams for late bargains on quality holidays - they do some of the best and (needless to say) no advance payment considerations apply!
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Comedy Goldsmith wrote:
Don't rule out Inghams for late bargains on quality holidays - they do some of the best and (needless to say) no advance payment considerations apply!

I'd agree with this. The less time you give a TO to Be Nice please! up the better your holiday is likely to be.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Update - they have decided I don't have to pay the additional £40 per head they were proposing.

I now have a reasonable alternative in a resort that I think I am ok with. The price is now staying the same, for what on the surface appears to be marginally better quality of accommodation.

I will let you know how this progresses, but this is starting to look vaguely hopeful.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Quote:

I now have a reasonable alternative in a resort that I think I am ok with. The price is now staying the same, for what on the surface appears to be marginally better quality of accommodation.

Good news! Very Happy
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy