Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Flying Swiss - Economy Light Prices do not include hold baggage

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Just looking at Swiss and spotted (what I think is new) pricing - Geneva Economy Light. Looks cheap till you hover over the price to see that hold baggage is not included. You can change to the Geneva Economy Flex option (which appears to £20 extra each way when you are booking, but no indication of whether the differnetial would be more as you get closer to the flight departure). No change to ski carriage

"There is no baggage allowance included in the price of the flight. Hand baggage may be carried onboard in accordance with the valid terms and conditions.

If you have booked the Geneva Economy Light fare and would like to check in baggage, you will have to change your ticket to the Geneva Economy Flex fare. This change can be done online up to 3 hours before the departure time (provided you have not already checked in). For more information, see: Changing a booking online.

After this time, it is possible to change the reservation at the airport, but please note that this will incur a fee of CHF 30 (in the local currency). "

"Ski & sports baggage
The Geneva Economy Light fare does not include any ski or sports baggage. When you change to the Geneva Economy Flex fare, the usual baggage terms and conditions for ski and sports baggage apply"
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Pretty much the same as BA.

BA said that the economy flights were a price reduction but looking at them they are the same as the old economy (with baggage) and the regular flight has gone up.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Oh? that sounds new. I was aware of BA's changes, which seem to vary by route. Might be worth double checking Lufthansa, since they're the same company. Will be looking for flights tonight, so will check.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
BA only have it on a few routes whilst they trial it. Rules are also changing as well supposedly given customers more choice over what they want/need.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Ba definitely alters with route. If I booked a flight Newcastle to Venice via Gatwick luggage was included, but I had to pay extra if I booked a Gatwick flight on its own. My KLM flights includes baggage, but it looks on the website like not all of them do.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Hells Bells, I believe that it's to do with competing with Easyjet - for whom Geneva is now a major hub.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
holidayloverxx, I was looking at these for my regular weekend trips back to the UK, and I agree they didn't make it clear if adding a hold bag would add chf 100 (as you have to upgrade both ways) or the difference in the price I paid at the time and the current flex price, which could be many 100s of francs.

I just booked with EJ, which despite their faults, are always transparent about their pricing. I always travel light, but my other half often puts in a massive M&S or John Lewis order, requiring a case on the way back. When I called customer services they seemed to suggest that in theory you would pay the large, in theory unlimited difference, not just the chf 100, but she didn't seem very clear on the matter so I wasn't convinced.

I also couldn't book a light fare for me and a flex for my child (or vice versa) as we would only need one bag between us. I would therefore be paying chf 100 more for nothing.

So, nice try Swiss, but you need to be a bit clearer please
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
This caught me out as skyscanner picks up the economy rates. No free sports equipment or baggage. Just 10kg hand luggage. £20 is still reasonable for 23kg + skis + boots + helmet. Hopefully the sandwich and beer is still free Razz

http://www.swiss.com/web/EN/various/geneva_light/Pages/baggage.aspx
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I finally had a reply to my email to Swiss about this at the weekend...and as feared the price you pay if you wish to add a bag is the difference between what you paid for the economy light fare at the time of booking and what the economy flex fare is at the time you change, for both legs of the flight (even if you only want to bring a bag back). Therefore this could cost 100s of francs extra for a bag. So unless you know you definitely won't need a bag, avoid.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
At what point are the airlines going to price themselves out of the ski market - meaning, if there is 2 of you traveling, at what price point do you say "screw that Im driving to Morzine"?? What if there are 4 of you and share the costs more?

If you live in say, Surrey, and have to travel to Gatwick, check in 2 hours early (plus the extra hour you allowed for traffic jams) plus the normal delays, flight time, plus getting the other end, getting your luggage - if it arrived - and then sort either the transfer or the rental car, time difference wouldnt be huge Im guessing??

Just wanting an insight into your thought processes when booking flights! Very Happy

Obviously I have to fly Laughing its about £1000 return for the wife and I rolling eyes with Emirates but at least thats 32kgs and ski equipment on top of that.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy